just want new messages marked as unread in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I unchecked the box that says "automatically mark messages as read" in thunderbird. Now when I read messages, the old messages are marked as unread. Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

Automatically mark messages as read marks messages as read after you open them, as can be inferred by the button you can tab to immediately after that setting.  The button is for setting the length of time after you open a message after which it is marked as read.  You turned the feature off.  Now, no message will be marked as read unless you manually mark it as read.  Turn the setting back on and tell us why you turned it off so we can work with the actual problem.

Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 5:57 PM
Subject: [nvda] just want new messages marked as unread in thunderbird

Hi, everyone,

I unchecked the box that says "automatically mark messages as read" in
thunderbird. Now when I read messages, the old messages are marked as
unread. Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

I didn't think about keeping the automatically mark messages as read checked. I unchecked it because I thought that older messages would be marked as read. Now I know to leave this box checked.

Rosemarie

Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 5:57 PM

Hi, everyone,

I unchecked the box that says "automatically mark messages as read" in
thunderbird. Now when I read messages, the old messages are marked as
unread. Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene

Unread means unread.  If there is a way to cause Thunderbird to do something automatically with messages that are older than a certain number of days, the unread feature isn't the way to do it.  Unread doesn't mean old or new.  It means unread.

Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 6:20 PM