Topics

Whatsapp and NVDA

alonro@...

Hello,

Can anyone here use Whatsapp on the PC ? the client version or web version ?
Please recommend how use it.
thanks all

Hello,
I use and I strongly recomend it.

Perhaps the bigest advantage you'll be able to notice is the typing speed.
I don't know exactly about your smartphone use, but saying about me, I really really hate to type on a touchscreen.
Now, about the app's interface...
It's so similar to a webpage, where you can navegate through the conversations using CTRL+TAB/CTRL+SHIFT+TAB.
When you do this command, you'll be on a field to type your new message on a certain people's window conversation.
Out of NVDA Focus mode, you'll see two buttons after the field I said.
It's, respectively:
Button to open and send emoticons/emojis.
Button to send your message. If the field are not filling, then this button will activate your microphone so you can record a voice message. When it's done, just press the arrow up and down again to return to the button you pressed. It will stop your recording and send your message.

Well, I guess I've said too much, so if you still are having troubles, write back and I'll do my best to help you.
Always remembering I'm a brazilian guy, so my English probably contain wrong sentences. But, believe, I tried too hard to write it for you understanding.

Cheers,
Marcio

 Em 30/01/2018 08:55, alonro@... escreveu:

Hello,

Can anyone here use Whatsapp on the PC ? the client version or web version ?
Please recommend how use it.
thanks all

alonro@...

Hello  Marcio,

thanks for all the information.
on the whatsapp PC client i tried to navigate with  CTRL+TAB/CTRL+SHIFT+TAB and its ok but i cant hear the name of the contact.
additional, how can i hear the conversation on the chat box ?
thanks alot.

--
בברכה,
אלון

Well,
I don't know a way to do what you want, except going to the top of the "page" and pressing the down arrow 'till you're able to hear the conversation's title.
Maybe it's time to other people's opinion on this topic. I would like to know a easier way to do it, too.
Em 30/01/2018 10:28, AlonRo escreveu:

[...]

Well you can't unless you have whats app on the phone and can scan an inaccessible code from whats app.

You can hold the phone close to your display on first start to do that but to be honest whats app is a web program, since you need the phone to even use that, I wouldn't bother with pc myself you could try I guess.

The web version works aparently but I have yet to bother with that.

Though with the skype issue I may just forget skype for anything serious, just about everyone in the family here and oversease in asia, indonesia and china not to mention germany and holand on my family list uses it and it may be my eventual path.