Using DictationBridge with NVDA in another language than English

Pranav Lal

Hi Sylvie,

As Joseph said, we are working on getting dictationBridge translated. As for switching languages, you will need to switch your speech-recognition engine to that language.
I have not done this before but see the following link.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/35ij40/how_to_change_speech_recognition_language/

Pranav

Hi,
It'll be translated into other languages in the future.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sylvie Duchateau
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:17 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Using DictationBridge with NVDA in another language than English

Hello All,

thanks to Joseph's fantastic tutorial, I was able to install last version of Dictation Bridge on my computer and run it with windows speech recognition.

I could edit the command's list for NVDA such as open general settings or formating settings, but as my recognition is French, those commands do not work.

Is there a way to modify the commands so that NVDA can understand what I say?

Translate the commands in the file or switch to English speech recognition?

Otherwise, it works rather well, although dictation sometimes writes rubbish and still needs to be trained.

I could tell him to browse to the next heading in Firefox, in typing h, but I cannot ask him to display the elements list for example.

thank you for your help.

Best

Sylvie

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello All,

thanks to Joseph's fantastic tutorial, I was able to install last version of Dictation Bridge on my computer and run it with windows speech recognition.

I could edit the command's list for NVDA such as open general settings or formating settings, but as my recognition is French, those commands do not work.

Is there a way to modify the commands so that NVDA can understand what I say?

Translate the commands in the file or switch to English speech recognition?

Otherwise, it works rather well, although dictation sometimes writes rubbish and still needs to be trained.

I could tell him to browse to the next heading in Firefox, in typing h, but I cannot ask him to display the elements list for example.

thank you for your help.

Best

Sylvie