From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sylvie Duchateau
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:17 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Using DictationBridge with NVDA in another language than English

Hello All,

thanks to Joseph's fantastic tutorial, I was able to install last version of Dictation Bridge on my computer and run it with windows speech recognition.

I could edit the command's list for NVDA such as open general settings or formating settings, but as my recognition is French, those commands do not work.

Is there a way to modify the commands so that NVDA can understand what I say?

Translate the commands in the file or switch to English speech recognition?

Otherwise, it works rather well, although dictation sometimes writes rubbish and still needs to be trained.

I could tell him to browse to the next heading in Firefox, in typing h, but I cannot ask him to display the elements list for example.

thank you for your help.

Best

Sylvie

Sylvie Duchateau