Topics

NVDA version next-14816,6626ffe4, problem speaking writen characters

Ângelo Abrantes

When I start NVDA, the characters written on the keyboard are not spoken, although this option is enabled.

To activate the reading of the characters written by the keyboard, I press "NVDA + 2" to deactivate and, again, the same keys, to activate again, being solved.

When I restart NVDA, the problem reappears.

I am using windows7 pro.

Cheers.
Cheers.

Ângelo Abrantes

---

Adriano Barbieri

Hi Angelo,

After you have it set up, you must save the configuration with nvda+ctrl+c

Ciao
Adriano

When I start NVDA, the characters written on the keyboard are not spoken, although this option is enabled.

To activate the reading of the characters written by the keyboard, I press "NVDA + 2" to deactivate and, again, the same keys, to activate again, being solved.

When I restart NVDA, the problem reappears.

I am using windows7 pro.

Cheers.
Cheers.

Ângelo Abrantes

---

Ângelo Abrantes

Greetings!

Actually, by thhe indicated way, the problem is solved, but this did not happen in the previous version of NVDA
On the other hand, I have checked the option to save configuration on exiting.
Thank you for your help
Cheers.
Ângelo Abrantes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ângelo Abrantes" <ampa4374@gmail.com>
When I start NVDA, the characters written on the keyboard are not spoken, although this option is enabled.

To activate the reading of the characters written by the keyboard, I press "NVDA + 2" to deactivate and, again, the same keys, to activate again, being solved.

When I restart NVDA, the problem reappears.

I am using windows7 pro.

Cheers.
Cheers.

Ângelo Abrantes

---

---

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hi I just downloaded the latest next as a portable but on the hard drive and cannot get the effect you describe here. Are you sure its not in some odd focus mode, IE a move to desktop focus does not make it work?
It has always seemed a bit reticent to talk when there is a kind of non focus condition.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

When I start NVDA, the characters written on the keyboard are not spoken, although this option is enabled.

To activate the reading of the characters written by the keyboard, I press "NVDA + 2" to deactivate and, again, the same keys, to activate again, being solved.

When I restart NVDA, the problem reappears.

I am using windows7 pro.

Cheers.
Cheers.

Ângelo Abrantes

---

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Is it set to save settings on exit?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

When I start NVDA, the characters written on the keyboard are not spoken, although this option is enabled.

To activate the reading of the characters written by the keyboard, I press "NVDA + 2" to deactivate and, again, the same keys, to activate again, being solved.

When I restart NVDA, the problem reappears.

I am using windows7 pro.

Cheers.
Cheers.

Ângelo Abrantes

---

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Are you running inside a virtual machine by any chance?