having trouble downloading the tutorial in zipped file

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Arlene

Hi, Write me off list. I’ll send you a link on open drive!

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

What's your email address?

Hi, Write me off list. I’ll send you a link on open drive!

Hi, Write me off list. I’ll send you a link on open drive!

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Gene

You didn't tell us what, if anything did happen.  What browser are you using?  Did you get any error messages?  Did anything happen at all or did you just remain on the page?

Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:51 PM

Hi, everyone,

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

I was using internet explorer. When I tried to download the file in my external hard drive, I got a message saying it couldn't be downloaded. I also tried to see if I could save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either. I know it's a very large file.

Rosemarie

Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:51 PM

Hi, everyone,

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Gene

Why couldn't it be downloaded?  Did the error give any reason?  The size of the file is irrelevant.

Don't you have other browsers on the computer?  If so, why didn't you try one or more?  If you have another browser, unless you get some sort of error message that precludes any browser from being able to do something, you should always try one or more others.

Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 11:13 PM

Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:51 PM

Hi, everyone,

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It might be a a bandwidth issue. its a very slow connection and a very large file. Its only running at 1.2meg a second here with long pauses as it goes along.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could
I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It has now finished its slow download in firefox 52, but there were some long pauses during it where I was worried it might time out. Almost back to the telephone modem days!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

You didn't tell us what, if anything did happen. What browser are you
using? Did you get any error messages? Did anything happen at all or did
you just remain on the page?

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could
I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Gene

If it was, then that would be very uncommon.  It may be that, just having been announced, a lot of people, far more than usual, tried to download the file at the same time.  But I'm skeptical because we heard no reports from others and if there were such an issue, we would expect to see people talking about how slow the download is or that they couldn't do so.  Therefore, I'm very skeptical.

Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2018 4:09 AM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
> and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
> c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What
> could
> I be missing here?
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Rosemarie
>

> P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work
> either.

john s

Gene, using Internet Explorer, it took me a few tries but I got it downloaded.  On the first few tries, there was no error message, just silence.

At 07:58 AM 2/1/2018, Gene, wrote:
If it was, then that would be very uncommon.  It may be that, just having been announced, a lot of people, far more than usual, tried to download the file at the same time.  But I'm skeptical because we heard no reports from others and if there were such an issue, we would expect to see people talking about how slow the download is or that they couldn't do so.  Therefore, I'm very skeptical.

> I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
> and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
> c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What
> could
> I be missing here?
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Rosemarie
>

> P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work
> either.

                 John

Brice Mijares

I downloaded it right from the email by hitting the context key, then the letter K, then alt S. The zip file downloaded right to my desktop.

[...]

Hi, speaking of slow! I tried to upload the zipped files onto open drive.  But it did not go through.  I left the computer and went to do something else. When I came back. It still was 55 minutes to upload. Now it’s on open drive and I sent the list the link. If anybody wants it.

If it was, then that would be very uncommon.  It may be that, just having been announced, a lot of people, far more than usual, tried to download the file at the same time.  But I'm skeptical because we heard no reports from others and if there were such an issue, we would expect to see people talking about how slow the download is or that they couldn't do so.  Therefore, I'm very skeptical.

> I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
> and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
> c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What
> could
> I be missing here?
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Rosemarie
>

> P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work
> either.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well since my connection is 200meg and even on a slow day its nearly 40 meg, I know what I saw!

[...]

I have had issues downloading to desktop on windows 10 by the way, such software usually won't run, it has to be copied to some other place first.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

You didn't tell us what, if anything did happen.� What browser are you using?� Did you get any error messages?� Did anything happen at all or did you just remain on the page?

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What could I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work either.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't know what your upload speed is and what amount of storage you have. i find Dropbox far faster to upload to than one drive or google drive ever is or is that are?

However I'm over half full already with my talking newspaper uploads and archives so need to be careful wioith big files like this one.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What
could
I be missing here?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work
either.

Gene

I didn't say you didn't have a slow download.  I'm saying that that is your individual experience and when I said I was skeptical, I meant that I am very skeptical that your problem is a general one.  I didn't say that clearly in that message but I did in either a preceeding or a follow-up one.  Based on one person's experience, that is not grounds to say that a faster site is needed.  If the problem was widespread, that would be different.  But we have not seen any other complaints about slow downloads, by which I mean half an hour or hour downloads.

> I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
> and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
> c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What
> could
> I be missing here?
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Rosemarie
>

> P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work
> either.

Andy

The download was very fast, less than a minute.
Thank you.

Andy

Hi, speaking of slow! I tried to upload the zipped files onto open drive.  But it did not go through.  I left the computer and went to do something else. When I came back. It still was 55 minutes to upload. Now it’s on open drive and I sent the list the link. If anybody wants it.

If it was, then that would be very uncommon.  It may be that, just having been announced, a lot of people, far more than usual, tried to download the file at the same time.  But I'm skeptical because we heard no reports from others and if there were such an issue, we would expect to see people talking about how slow the download is or that they couldn't do so.  Therefore, I'm very skeptical.

> I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
> and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
> c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What
> could
> I be missing here?
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Rosemarie
>

> P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work
> either.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Arleen,

I was finally able to download it using firefox. It downloaded pretty fast.

Rosemarie

Hi, speaking of slow! I tried to upload the zipped files onto open drive.  But it did not go through.  I left the computer and went to do something else. When I came back. It still was 55 minutes to upload. Now it’s on open drive and I sent the list the link. If anybody wants it.

If it was, then that would be very uncommon.  It may be that, just having been announced, a lot of people, far more than usual, tried to download the file at the same time.  But I'm skeptical because we heard no reports from others and if there were such an issue, we would expect to see people talking about how slow the download is or that they couldn't do so.  Therefore, I'm very skeptical.

> I just tried to download the 2018 tutorial on both my external hard drive
> and my music folder but I couldn't get it to download. I even tried
> c:\downloads\nvda 2018 tutorial.zip but that didn't work either. What
> could
> I be missing here?
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Rosemarie
>

> P.S. I tried to save it to my downloads folder but that didn't work
> either.

Arlene

Oh that is good. Glad you were able to get it.