Topics

NVDA Snapshot

inamuddinInam Uddin

Respected friends, last night I received an email regarding snapshot of 14816 6626 something.

I have downloaded and installed that snapshot and this morning I got an updated of another snapshot.

It was updated several times but couldn’t install.

I therefore had to uninstalled that snapshot and had to installed stable NVDA 2017.4.

Please let me know did I make any kind of mistake?

Your quick reply will be dealt with sympathetic consideration.

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

David Moore

Hey!

I had the same problem. Here is what I did to make install!

I went to the NVDA development web site and downloaded it from there, and then I went to my downloads folder and pressed enter on it and it installed just fine!

Take care!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Ângelo Abrantes

Here, is happening the same thing.

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 07:17 de 01-02-2018, inamuddinInam Uddin via Groups.Io escreveu:

[...]

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

Hi,

The issue has to do with coding mistakes, which should be fixed now. For this and other reasons, you should NOT use snapshots unless it is necessary.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hi in fact if they wanted to download and run that snap here is the way.
go to the run box
type %temp% and hit return.
Look in that folder for.
nvda_update_laz6i7.exe

Run this file.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

The issue has to do with coding mistakes, which should be fixed now. For this and other reasons, you should NOT use snapshots unless it is necessary.

Cheers,

Joseph

Às 07:17 de 01-02-2018, inamuddinInam Uddin via Groups.Io escreveu:

Respected friends, last night I received an email regarding snapshot of 14816 6626 something.

I have downloaded and installed that snapshot and this morning I got an updated of another snapshot.

It was updated several times but couldn’t install.

I therefore had to uninstalled that snapshot and had to installed stable NVDA 2017.4.

Please let me know did I make any kind of mistake?

Your quick reply will be dealt with sympathetic consideration.

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@... <mailto:inamuddin09@...>
Inamuddin.ronaque@... <mailto:Inamuddin.ronaque@...>
outlook:
inam092@... <mailto:inam092@...>
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@... <mailto:inamuddin2010@...>
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786 <http://www.facebook.com/inamuddin786>
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1 <http://www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1>
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>Sem vírus.<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> www.avast.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

To be fair, the next snaps have been very reliable recently. This is purely a fault where the correct dialogue is not being brought up, You can see the errors in the log quite clearly in fact.
I am not sure how the download is being made, but suspect its the same routine as for installed copies, and the ability to defer installation and the use in portable versions has caused the confusion where pointers are shall we say not pointing to the right bit of code!

It after all does not result in a no nvda situation merely a failure to update.
[...]

Sorry if I'm wrong!

I thought the "next" versions would serve for users to run tests and send bugs to the developers!

"You should NOT use snapshots unless it is necessary."

When should I use snapshots?
Who should use the snapshots?
Which version of NVDA should I use?
Excuse me, but sometimes I get a little confused by all these things!

Às 10:36 de 01-02-2018, Joseph Lee escreveu:

[...]

When should you use development snapshots?

Right now!

I would Use Master snapshots, because they have been tested for two weeks. It is beta software like the RC versions are for the major versions like 2018.1.

I use Next snapshots, because they are even more up to date, and I like testing new code. The more advanced should use those.

Have a great one!

[...]

Brice Mijares

What is this NVDA snap shot?

Lenron

I have always liked using the next snapshots when I could. I could
never keep up with the link to the master.

On 2/1/18, Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...> wrote:
What is this NVDA snap shot?

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Sarah k Alawami

I always use the snaps to get access to earlier features and hav e bleeding edge code. They are very reliable and, well, snappy. So to say never use snapshots unless you have to is kind of a no no in my book. I'm not a dev but I love to have the latest and grates, as far as nvda anyway.

On Feb 1, 2018, at 6:10 AM, Lenron <lenron93@...> wrote:

I have always liked using the next snapshots when I could. I could
never keep up with the link to the master.

On 2/1/18, Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...> wrote:
What is this NVDA snap shot?

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Gene

The web page explains the different categories of downloads.
Which ones you download, if any, depends on what kind of user you are.

Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2018 12:27 PM

I always use the snaps to get access to earlier features and hav e bleeding edge code. They are very reliable and, well, snappy. So to say never use snapshots unless  you have to is kind of a no no in my book. I'm not a dev but I love to have the latest and grates, as far as nvda anyway.

> On Feb 1, 2018, at 6:10 AM, Lenron <lenron93@...> wrote:
>
> I have always liked using the next snapshots when I could. I could
> never keep up with the link to the master.
>
> On 2/1/18, Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...> wrote:
>> What is this  NVDA snap shot?
>>

> --
> Lenron Brown
> Cell: 985-271-2832
> Skype: ron.brown762

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes but you need to do that on github.
In any case Joseph says they are aware of it and in any case I pointed it out in the dev list earlier today as well, so I'll wait and see, but as my previous message says, the file is downloaded and is in the temp folder you just need to run it. the only fault is that the bit that runs it did not work that was all.
[...]

Image removed by sender.

Sem vírus. www.avast.com

---

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have the master installed and use next portably just to keep an eye on the things. I found the bug earlier but as folk on the dev site seem to be all over this hiccup I've not bothered to upload my log to the issue tracker as I'm sure its know about.
[...]

These are the trial builds of the next release and of cutting edge stuff being played around with.
if you don't want problems then don't bother, though it can be fun to have one as a portable version.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

As long as you keep a known good one handy, you can always switch to it and install it when you like to recover in any case.
[...]

I never actually keep a public build handy, it's that stable at least for my machine. And if it brakes thee's narrator.

Glad you got the issue fixed and glad it now works.

Take care

On Feb 1, 2018, at 11:57 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

As long as you keep a known good one handy, you can always switch to it and install it when you like to recover in any case.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-