orbit reader20 now on sale

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

Hi

Just to let you all know, the orbit reader20 low cost $449 braille display is now on sale. It works very good with NVDA. It is liquid and dust resistant, dots do not give when pressed, feels like braille on elevator doors or ATM machines, very rugged and durable meant for use in extreme hostile environments. You can buy it from

www.aph.org

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Charles Adkins

Question, how well would the Orbit work in a radio studio? Do the dots make much noise as they refresh and how fast do they refresh while moving from line to line? Thanks.

On Feb 2, 2018, at 7:47 AM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

Hi

Just to let you all know, the orbit reader20 low cost $449 braille display is now on sale. It works very good with NVDA. It is liquid and dust resistant, dots do not give when pressed, feels like braille on elevator doors or ATM machines, very rugged and durable meant for use in extreme hostile environments. You can buy it from

www.aph.org

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Adriani Botez

It says available soon. I don’t find an order link or so.

Best

Adriani

Just to let you all know, the orbit reader20 low cost $449 braille display is now on sale. It works very good with NVDA. It is liquid and dust resistant, dots do not give when pressed, feels like braille on elevator doors or ATM machines, very rugged and durable meant for use in extreme hostile environments. You can buy it from

www.aph.org

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

They are loud. You will be able to hear it over the mic. Even though I don't like the fact you specifically need a windows machine to update (they tell me to leave my opinions to my self on that one and just deal with it)  I might get me one at least for voiceover work or what not, or just to practice reading braille.

On Feb 2, 2018, at 4:49 AM, Charles Adkins <cadkins6739@...> wrote:

Question, how well would the Orbit work in a radio studio? Do the dots make much noise as they refresh and how fast do they refresh while moving from line to line? Thanks.

On Feb 2, 2018, at 7:47 AM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

Hi
Just to let you all know, the orbit reader20 low cost $449 braille display is now on sale. It works very good with NVDA. It is liquid and dust resistant, dots do not give when pressed, feels like braille on elevator doors or ATM machines, very rugged and durable meant for use in extreme hostile environments. You can buy it from

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sarah k Alawami

You probably caught it when they ran out. It was limited qty.

On Feb 2, 2018, at 7:44 AM, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:

It says available soon. I don’t find an order link or so.

Best
Adriani

Just to let you all know, the orbit reader20 low cost $449 braille display is now on sale. It works very good with NVDA. It is liquid and dust resistant, dots do not give when pressed, feels like braille on elevator doors or ATM machines, very rugged and durable meant for use in extreme hostile environments. You can buy it from

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Am I right in thinking its just a dumb display right now ie no function keys etc?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Just to let you all know, the orbit reader20 low cost $449 braille display is now on sale. It works very good with NVDA. It is liquid and dust resistant, dots do not give when pressed, feels like braille on elevator doors or ATM machines, very rugged and durable meant for use in extreme hostile environments. You can buy it from

www.aph.org

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cristóbal

I mean, it's only $450. Can't' expect Champaign on a beer budget.
For a lot of folks, I'll imagine it'll suit their needs just fine. Lots of us just want a super simple way to read Braille. I've got a Brailliant, but if I didn't already have a display, I'd probably get something like this. If for nothing else, just to have an affordable means to maintain my Braille reading skill.

Just to let you all know, the orbit reader20 low cost $449 braille display
is now on sale. It works very good with NVDA. It is liquid and dust
resistant, dots do not give when pressed, feels like braille on elevator
doors or ATM machines, very rugged and durable meant for use in extreme
hostile environments. You can buy it from

www.aph.org

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

orbit reader20 can do 3 things. 1. store and read .brl .brf and .txt files on an sd card. 2. take notes in raw braille .brl or brf format or .txt computer braille format. 3. connect to computers phones and tablets with USB or bluetooth as a braille terminal for screen readers. it also has a file manager. it has lots of editing commands also. you can read and write any braille code you want. no on board translator to get in your way of reading and writing. you can use send2braille that is free, or braille blaster, that is also free, to make braille documents from word and text and nimas files.

Charles Adkins

I think I read somewhere that the refreshing of braille would be too loud to use in a radio studio and refresh rate may be too slow for fast onair live coppy reading is that correct?

On Feb 3, 2018, at 11:40 AM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

orbit reader20 can do 3 things. 1. store and read .brl .brf and .txt files on an sd card. 2. take notes in raw braille .brl or brf format or .txt computer braille format. 3. connect to computers phones and tablets with USB or bluetooth as a braille terminal for screen readers. it also has a file manager. it has lots of editing commands also. you can read and write any braille code you want. no on board translator to get in your way of reading and writing. you can use send2braille that is free, or braille blaster, that is also free, to make braille documents from word and text and nimas files.

Sarah k Alawami

There are braille keys if you mean that. But no curser routing buttons. But you can use it like a note taker.

Take care

On Feb 2, 2018, at 11:58 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

Am I right in thinking its just a dumb display right now ie no function keys etc?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-