From: Tony Malykh
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2018 10:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Substitute punctuation marks with sounds

Hello all,

Is there a way to substitute punctuation marks with custom sounds? I am
a developer and often times I have to listen to tongue twisters of
punctuation marks, like "left bracket right brace left paren ..." I wish
to replace all these parens and brackets with sounds. Is there a way to
do so in NVDA?

Thanks
Tony

Rayn Darren <rayndarren@...>

I totally agree, this is a fantastic idea for an addon! An addition would be a sound when encountering an open bracket, if in fact there is a closing one the sound would be different then a non-paired bracket. I know nothing about python and have worked very little with sound, but would love to both learn and help with this, how do we go about getting it made?