From: Lisa P Geibel [mailto:lisapgeibel429@gmail.com]
Sent: April-17-16 8:23 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] TWBlue stopped working, please help?

Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I
even went through the time when extra characters were added to the
twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and
reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the
computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for
the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key,
tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder
and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a
final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the
latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it
won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly
appreciated? Thanks.
--
Lisa
E-Mail: lisapgeibel429@gmail.com

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'd get rid of the program too if it was me.

I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I
even went through the time when extra characters were added to the
twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and
reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the
computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for
the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key,
tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder
and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a
final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the
latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it
won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly
appreciated? Thanks.

Hmmm it works in win7 I have it here but I use chicken nugget it works.

I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I
even went through the time when extra characters were added to the
twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and
reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the
computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for
the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key,
tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder
and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a
final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the
latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it
won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly
appreciated? Thanks.

Laurie Mehta

HTH, LM

Frequently Asked Questions | TWBlue -
http://twblue.es/node/9
Frequently Asked Questions
• Where can I find the latest version of TW Blue?
• How often are new versions released?
• After updating TW Blue, the application fails to start. What do I do?
• I have another Twitter client that also has an invisible interface. Can I use it at the same time as TW Blue’s invisible interface?
• How can I force TW Blue to update timeline buffers?
• Can I use the translation function of TW Blue to communicate with people in other countries
• Can I use more than one Twitter account with TW Blue?
• I have an API key for Sndup but my audio files will not upload, even though I put it in the configuration dialog. Why?
• I would like to help with the TW Blue project. How can I get involved?
Where can I find the latest version of TW Blue?
The latest version of TW Blue can always be downloaded from our download page. You will be able to download the appropriate version for your architecture (either 32 or 64-bit). Keep in mind that the program checks for new versions automatically; so if you already have it installed, you will be notified when a new version is available. It is recommended that the automatic update process be used as installing new versions is as simple as pressing “Yes” in the update notification dialog. The program will then download the new version and install it automatically.
How often are new versions released?
At the start of TW Blue’s development, a new version of the program was released every Saturday. Fortunately, however, the project has grown but this also means that the code has become more complex. This has made it impossible to continue releasing new versions weekly and, at this point in time, there is no fixed release schedule. We wish to insure that all new features work as intended upon release and that there are no unexpected errors. You can follow our Twitter account @tw_blue2 and we will let you know as soon as a new version is available. Also, your installed copy of TW Blue will notify you.
After updating TW Blue, the application fails to start. What do I do?
If TW Blue fails to run after an update, please try the following:
• Download the new version again from the web site.
• Unzip the newly downloaded version in a folder that has no accent marks in its name. This folder should also be empty and separate from the one containing the version of TW Blue that is not working.
• Next, copy the config folder from the version that is not working into the folder containing the fresh copy.
• Now, try to start the program.
• If it still won’t run, delete the config folder and repeat the process. The client will ask you to authorize through the Twitter web site.
• If all else fails, please file a bug report and include the content of the following files: logs/tracebacks.log, logs/debug.log and logs/error.log.
I have another Twitter client that also has an invisible interface. Can I use it at the same time as TW Blue’s invisible interface?
No. Due to the fact that some characteristics of these programs are the same, this is impossible. If you were to attempt doing this, the keystrokes of the second invisible client will superceed those of the first. The first client will become unusable and you will have to kill its process.
How can I force TW Blue to update timeline buffers?
the short answer is that you can’t. The more complicated answer is that TW Blue works differently than other Twitter clients, which retrieve new tweets periodically.
When you start TW Blue, all tweets will be downloaded and the program will say, “Ready” as well as play a sound when it is done. From this point onward, as soon as a tweet, mention, direct message or follow request comes to your account, it will be recognized immediately by TW Blue. If, however, the connection is dropped, TW Blue will reconnect to Twitter and download all tweets that were missed as soon as a connection to the internet is available again. All events are handled in realtime, so there is no need to force an update.
Can I use the translation function of TW Blue to communicate with people in other countries?
No. Translation is handled by Google Translate which itself states that a machine translation will never match the accuracy of that produced by a human translator. Of course, the final decision rests with the user. If you feel that Google Translate is sufficient for what you are trying to accomplish, then by all means use it.
Can I use more than one Twitter account with TW Blue?
This is currently not supported. You can, however, install a separate copy of TW Blue into a different folder and configure it to use your other Twitter client. You will then have two instances of the program running, with a window for each. Keep in mind, though, that you can only activate invisible mode on one of these instances. Also, to avoid confusion between applications, insure that no other program is running that uses the same keystrokes as TW Blue’s invisibility mode.
I have an API key for Sndup which I have entered in TW Blue’s preferences dialog, but my audio files still won’t upload. Why?
Please check the following:
1. TW Blue can attach files anonymously.
2. Make sure that the API key in TW Blue’s preferences dialog is exactly the same as the one in your profile at SndUp. Double check that you haven’t left any spaces or newline characters in the key by mistake.
If you’ve followed the above suggestions and are still encountering problems, please report it through the “Report an error” option in the Help menu.
I would like to help with the TW Blue project. How can I get involved?
If you enjoy using TW Blue and you’d like to help make it better, there are many things you can do. Any help you can offer is welcome. Here are a few ways in which you can help with the development of TW Blue:
• Report all errors that you find with the behavior of the application under your specific platform. This can be done using the “Report an error” option in the help menu. Please provide contact details so that we can follow up for more specific information about the error.
• Also, donations of any amount are welcome and can be made through our donation page. This will help us focus more time and effort into development of TW Blue.
• If you like the application, you can also help out by recommending it to your friends and others through your social networks.
• If you maintain a web site or blog, it would be fantastic if you could spread the word by writing about the program. Ideas and constructive criticism are accepted with open arms.
• If you are proficient in other languages and would like to help make TW Blue available to more people throughout the world, please contact us at info@twblue.com.mx to submit your translation.
• If you can program in Python and WX Python or any other programming languages and you are interested in contributing to the development of TW Blue, get in touch with us to see what we can work out.
Copyright © 2014, 2015 Manuel Cortéz.
Web validada por Technow S.L.

To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 11:23 PM

Hi,
[...]

My apologies for sending the long FAQ to the whole list. I had intended to change the to field to send only to the person who asked the original question but then sent before taking care of that. Sorry...
-LM

Subject: Re: [nvda] TWBlue stopped working, please help?
To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 11:47 PM

Rich De Steno <ironrock@...>

I have no trouble with TW Blue, it works wellf or me, even in Windows 10.

Rich De Steno

[...]

Rémy Ruiz

Hi,
Go to the TWBlue shortcut that is on the desktop, and do properties; with Alt+Enter
Example:
"C:\Program Files\twblue\TWBlue.exe" -i
I have deleted:

-i
now is:
"C:\Program Files\twblue\TWBlue.exe"
Apply and OK or only OK
Note:
Ignore the warning of Windows and click continue and ready!
Now if you can click the shortcut TWBlue.
Well this so what I did with an installable version.
Cheers.
Rémy
Le 18/04/2016 05:23, Lisa P Geibel a écrit :

Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I even went through the time when extra characters were added to the twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key, tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

Lenron

I had this same issue sort of not sure what's going on. I refuse to
use any other twitter client I really like tw blue.

On 4/18/16, Rémy Ruiz <remyruiz@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Kevin Cussick

No, just make a fresh short cut to the exe file and it should run. I have had this as well on windows10 and this for some reason seems to fix it.

I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I
even went through the time when extra characters were added to the
twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and
reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the
computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for
the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key,
tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder
and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a
final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the
latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it
won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly
appreciated? Thanks.

Lisa P Geibel

Hi We had this issue once and was able to fix it by deleting the extra characters, but that's not the problem this time. Everything looks right. It just won't load so unfortunately, as much as we loved TWBlue, if we want Twitter, we're going to be forced to use Chicken Nugget. We did purchase and install that, but have some questions if anyone would be willing to help here or off list as not to clutter things? Please and thanks.

On 4/18/16 5:20 AM, Lenron wrote:
[...]

Hi Kevin,
Just tried this and nothing happened again. It's like the icon is there, but the computer has no clue what it's supposed to do when you hit enter on it or try to run it as administrator.

On 4/18/16 6:34 AM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io wrote:
[...]

Roger Stewart

You may have encountered a bug in the installer. For some odd reason, it puts in a couple of characters after the ending quotation mark after the ".exe" in the path line in the desktop shortcut. Just right click or alt enter on the TW Blue shortcut and tab to you get to the target line. Go to the very end of that line and carefully delete out anything after the final quotation mark after the exe but be sure to leave that ending quotation mark and then save it. It should work properly then.

Hope this helps.

Roger

On 4/18/2016 6:58 AM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
[...]

Hi Lisa, have you tried just hitting tw in the search bar and when you hear twblue desktop app hitting enter this works for me.

On 18/04/2016 12:58, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
[...]

David Moore

Hi,
I use the qube very successfully. Let me know if you want me to put a copy of the site where to download it from. I use it with win10 and it rocks and it is free as well. Don't pay for Chicken Nuget when the qube is free. One thing about the qube though, some of you may not want a total key command driven program. There is no window or menus for the qube. I like that, because I can be in any other program or on the web, and I can start using the commands for the qube and tweet while I am doing something else. Have a great one and let me know if you want the download site.

On 4/18/16 5:20 AM, Lenron wrote:
[...]

Scott VanDeWalle

Hello.
I used to have both twblue and chicken nugget.
I got rid of TWblue, but i still have chicken nugget.
The thing is, sometimes one app will work and one won't.
Nugget is us d 15$.
If you can make it work, chicken nugget seems to work pretty good from the invisible interface.
It works the other way too but it seems somewhat more sluggish at times.
hth

Scott

On 4/17/2016 11:23 PM, Lisa P Geibel wrote:
Hi,
I know I've heard about people with this program and it not working. I even went through the time when extra characters were added to the twblue.exe file, but this is not the case now. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version, but still nothing. Restarted the computer and still nothing. Tried hitting enter on the desktop icon for the program, tried running it as administrator with the context key, tried loading it from the twblue.exe icon in the program files folder and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or should we really say a final farewell to this great program? We're running Windows 10 with the latest build of NVDA and also have the latest version of JAWS, but it won't work that way either. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

chris miles

On 18-Apr-16 11:05 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
[...]

I had the same issue, TW Blue would not start.

I decided to go back to the previous build and this now works a treat.

brandon

did you guys try running it in compatibility mode if not here are the steps
1: while on the twblue shortcut on your desktop hit your applications key or shift +f10 if you do not have such a key
2: you are now in a context menu arrow down until you hear trouble shoot compatibility issues
3: hit enter on this and then follow the wizard that appears
4: when asked for the operating system use your up and down arrows a couple times because sometimes it does not stick on windows vista
5: after you have done all this twblue should pop right up and you should be good to go
Yours truly,
Brandon,
Reed

On 4/18/2016 3:14 PM, chris miles wrote:
[...]

Pauline Smith

I have had TWBlue installed for about a month now. It works pretty well. I did have the problem of not launching from the desktop after it updated. I happen to see a tweet about the extra characters and how to get rid of them. I followed the instructions and all is well now. I definitely prefer using blue over working from Twitter's site (even the mobile one).

On 4/18/2016 6:05 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
[...]

Lino Morales

Hey Laurie. Its Lino. Email me off list please at:

lino_and_rico@windstream.net Long time no talk.

To: nvda@groups.io
Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 11:47 PM