odd and random out of character announcements

Craig

Hi.

Using win10pro 1709 Build 16299.192 and NVDA version 2017.4

When I arrow up or down in outlook 2016 messages at random I hear things like minimise the window or  alt something to do something…. As if a stretch out menu like when you press the alt key and get the menu restore, minimise, maximise etc…. Also when I got to the top of my messages I hear desktop.

When typing in this email I keep hearing at odd time forms region,  and  desktop, and clear tabs or something like that.

I reloaded nvda to no avail. Maximised and restored windows to no avail.

However I noticed that this started today and not sure when I had upgraded to build 16299.192 which may have a bearing but couldn’t be certain.

Any help sa to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cheers Craig

Craig& his Guide dog Winnie

Far beyond the Shrouded hours of dawn

Through the mist Of daybreak I was borne

But the day was Clouded still by night

Leaving me in the land of no light

Title of song: Echoes In The Dark

Performed by: Uriah Heep - Songwriters: Hensley, Ken

Craig

Further announcements such as:

When alt tabbing I get a mention like close task switching and its gone when releasing the key combo..

Also when I was up arrowing in file exploer got a firefox open menu announcement. But I don’t see a list. Do have Firefox running with two websites  .e.g Facebook and Sendspace.

Also whilst writing this email got announcement

Side by side toolbar, narvigation menu….

Thanks

Craig.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Is this only in Outlook

?
I wondered if you had something else trying to gain focus while its open?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

That sounds like the running tasks pinned to some part of windows being refreshed and getting focus for a moment to me.
[...]

Which is why unless I need them I kill all running or pinned tasks.

I know this may be stupid but for me default tasks in the bar are basically spam I never put them there so I kill them.

One other thing I do especially with a laptop is to turn off mouse tracking because if you don't it causes issues not just touch pads, sometimes nvda will randomly speak things and this was the cause for me.

I do use it on my desktops a bunch but on laptop I don't unless I need it for something.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig" <electronno@internode.on.net>