Topics

a little question about nvdaremote

P. Otter

hello all,
sometimes my mother has problems with her computer.
i can help her with nvdaremote.
now, it is possible to start and connect automatically when nvda starts.
but now is my question, can i tell nvda that the computer has to be controled bi another computer?
i know it is possible to start automatically to controll another pc.
but i want that my mother only starts nvda and i can help her to controll her computer.
is that possible?
cheers
paul otter

I am not sure, while I generally help over skype, over the phone or via a remote link if the system is really bad I still find that its easier at times especially if the issue is vast to go there or get the system brought to me to look at.
It may be nothing, or it may be a lot of things.

On 13/03/2016 11:28 p.m., P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
sometimes my mother has problems with her computer.
i can help her with nvdaremote.
now, it is possible to start and connect automatically when nvda starts.
but now is my question, can i tell nvda that the computer has to be controled bi another computer?
i know it is possible to start automatically to controll another pc.
but i want that my mother only starts nvda and i can help her to controll her computer.
is that possible?
cheers
paul otter

Chris Mullins

Hi Paul

This is the help text from the remote add-on.  I think it could be adapted to do what you want to do.

Remotely Controlling an Unattended Computer

Sometimes, you may wish to control one of your own computers remotely. This is especially helpful if you are traveling, and you wish to control your home PC from your laptop. Or, you may want to control a computer in one room of your house while sitting outside with another PC. A little advanced preparation makes this convenient and possible.

1. Enter the NVDA menu, and choose Tools, then Remote. Finally, press Enter on Options.

2. Check the box that says, "Auto connect to control server on startup".

3. Fill in the Host and Key fields, tab to OK, and press Enter.

4. Please note: the Generate Key option is not available in this situation. It is best to come up with a key you will remember so you can easily use it from any remote location.

Cheers

Chris

sometimes my mother has problems with her computer.

i can help her with nvdaremote.

now, it is possible to start and connect automatically when nvda starts.

but now is my question, can i tell nvda that the computer has to be controled bi another computer?

i know it is possible to start automatically to controll another pc.

but i want that my mother only starts nvda and i can help her to controll her computer.

is that possible?

cheers

paul otter

P. Otter

hi, my mother has most problems in the software so it is easy to solve her problems.
she has a limited hand function and that's the reason i help.
she is 89 years old and it is difficult some thing to understand for her.
so my question is stil there, is it possible to startup nvda with remote automatically start while in mode that i can help her when she starts nvda?
[...]

thanks man.
that is what i want to know.
cheers
paul otter

sometimes my mother has problems with her computer.

i can help her with nvdaremote.

now, it is possible to start and connect automatically when nvda starts.

but now is my question, can i tell nvda that the computer has to be controled bi another computer?

i know it is possible to start automatically to controll another pc.

but i want that my mother only starts nvda and i can help her to controll her computer.

is that possible?

cheers

paul otter

well you would have to set nvda to start automatically once connected via remote, now at this point I am not sure if nvda remote will restart or not there is probably a way to have it autoconnect but I am not sure.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss" <@smeveriss>