a new version of addon Mozilla up enhancement is not available on the page with addons

Jarek.Krcmar

Hello group,

I would like download and install a new version of mozilla up enhancement, but I have found only version 1.16. I have downloaded the latest version Nvda.

Where I can find the addon Mozilla up 1.17?

--
Jarek

Quentin Christensen

I'm not familiar with the add-on versions off the top of my head, but if Mozilla App Enhancements v1.16 is compatible with NVDA 2022.1 then it will work with NVDA 2022.2 and 2022.2.1.  Today's release was only to fix a specific bug and doesn't break compatibility with any add-ons.  NVDA 2022.2 didn't either, and neither should the upcoming NVDA 2022.3.  The next time we would be potentially looking at any add-on breakage is NVDA 2023.1.  At this stage I'm not even aware if we have any planned then - but basically if we do, it will be the .1 release, so 2023.1, 2024.1 etc.

We'll be sure to publish any changes which might affect users here and on our social media and in our In-Process blog https://www.nvaccess.org/category/in-process/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 5:56 PM Jarek.Krcmar <Jarek.Krcmar@...> wrote:
Hello group,

I would like download and install a new version of mozilla up
enhancement, but I have found only version 1.16. I have downloaded the
latest version Nvda.

Where I can find the addon Mozilla up 1.17?

--
Jarek

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Rui Fontes

Advantage of using the spanish repository...

https://nvda.es/files/get.php?file=moz

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 08:56 de 24/08/2022, Jarek.Krcmar escreveu:

Hello group,

I would like download and install a new version of mozilla up enhancement, but I have found only version 1.16. I have downloaded the latest version Nvda.

Where I can find the addon Mozilla up 1.17?

Rui Fontes

Quentin, it is a compatibility question, but not with NVDA...

It is a matter of compatibility with Thunderbird last versions...

Rui Fontes

Às 11:03 de 24/08/2022, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

[...]

Hi Rui,

thanks for the link.

The addon is just installed.

Jarek

Dne 24.08.2022 v 12:07 Rui Fontes napsal(a):

Advantage of using the spanish repository...

https://nvda.es/files/get.php?file=moz

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 08:56 de 24/08/2022, Jarek.Krcmar escreveu:
Hello group,

I would like download and install a new version of mozilla up enhancement, but I have found only version 1.16. I have downloaded the latest version Nvda.

Where I can find the addon Mozilla up 1.17?

--
Jarek

Get it from here.

On 8/24/2022 3:56 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:

Hello group,

I would like download and install a new version of mozilla up enhancement, but I have found only version 1.16. I have downloaded the latest version Nvda.

Where I can find the addon Mozilla up 1.17?

Quentin Christensen

No problem, thanks for clarifying Rui!

As I said, I wasn't overly familiar with the current version but just put the information re add-ons and NVDA in general.

Quentin.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 8:26 PM Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi all,

The author of Mozilla Aps Enhancements has queued the new add-on release for distribution on community add-ons website and is awaiting a merge notice from NV Access people. You might be able to get it from Spanish community catalog via either Tienda or Add-on Updater.

Cheers,

oseph

Curtis Delzer

ahh, such a relief, now all areas of the messages read fine, where did not in 1.16 with NVDA2022.2.1

On 8/24/2022 5:28 AM, Governor staten wrote:

Get it from here.

https://nvda.es/files/get.php?file=moz

On 8/24/2022 3:56 AM, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
Hello group,

I would like download and install a new version of mozilla up enhancement, but I have found only version 1.16. I have downloaded the latest version Nvda.

Where I can find the addon Mozilla up 1.17?

--
Curtis Delzer
H.S.
K6VFO
 Rialto, CA
curtis@...

Hmph.

Joseph why are not the win10 apps and addon updater that were cued ages back distributed yet when you did say they were in the cue.

Also tony's enhancements 1.14  has been out for ages and its never appeared on the main community site or addon update and I am sure I put a github request in to tony about it, mind you he hasn't replyed to it so maybe thats the issue.

On 25/08/2022 1:06 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

The author of Mozilla Aps Enhancements has queued the new add-on release for distribution on community add-ons website and is awaiting a merge notice from NV Access people. You might be able to get it from Spanish community catalog via either Tienda or Add-on Updater.

Cheers,

oseph

The current version of Add-On Updater allows you to pick the source for your add-ons, the Community Add-Ons site (default) or the Spanish community add-ons catalog.
-----
You can configure Add-on Updater settings from NVDA Settings screen (NVDA menu, Preferences, Settings) under Add-on Updater category. Add-on settings are as follows:
.
.
.
  • Add-on update source: you can choose where to get updates from. Currently Add-on Updater supports downloading updates from community add-ons website and Spanish community add-ons catalog. A confirmation message will be shown after changing update source.
------

Lately, it seems that the Spanish community add-ons catalog is getting update add-ons presented earlier than the community add-ons website.  Consider changing your source where add-ons are sought to the Spanish community add-ons catalog if you want "the latest and greatest" a bit more quickly than they show up in the default location.

I don't know how this will eventually play out when Add-On Updater becomes part of the NVDA core code.

         ~ Vance Packard

Hi,

Good question. When I say "queued for distribution", I usually mean the release information was posted for review by members of the add-ons community. Once updates are reviewed and approved by add-ons community members, it is then merged by NV Access folks and will appear on community add-ons website. At the moment there are two people reviewing add-on updates on a regular basis: I and Noelia Martinez, with Reef Turner from NV Access merging updates to add-on files repository.

A few days ago, I thought about ways to make add-on updates appear earlier. One way was host actual download links for updates on the compatibility repository Add-on Updater uses. This obviously means folks maintaining this compatibility repository must update links whenever add-ons are updated. While it has its merits, I decided that it would be much better to focus my mental energy on an immediate life priority: education. Although I'm still formulating things, it might be possible that I won't release any add-on updates between now and December (I still plan to release 22.09 releases of my add-ons this weekend); I'm at a stage in my education (graduate school, that is) where I must decide where to spend my talents and knowledge for the next five years. I do have two things I really want to submit to NV Access (as pull requests) before I overload myself with schoolwork - one, an important part of Windows App Essentials add-on that should have been part of NVDA a while back (accessible drag and drop notification from UI Automation), the other, a resolution to an issue that can help people using Visual Studio (UIA item status property change event); the second one is going to be part of upcoming Windows App Essentials 22.09.

Cheers,

Joseph

P.S. Where there is sunlight, shadows can also be found.