From: Jarek.Krcmar
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 6:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] A problem with Nvda and Notepad

Hi group,

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me
keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often
I use this acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

--
Jarek

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Jarek,

I am not sure that WordWrap would make any difference. I have tried reading
with WordWrap off and NVDA still functions normally. However, I am
surprised that you are using control-right arrow to read since this is a
Windows command for reading word by word. Is there a reason for not using
the other NVDA reading controls?

I read words and lines in notepad by using insert and up arrow to read the
current line and insert+down-arrow to read the whole text from the current
line to the bottom of the document.

Both work fine with Wordwrap on and off!

All the best,

Cearbhall

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me keyboard
shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often I use this
acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

--
Jarek

Gene

I don't know why he does it, but I do so to edit inn Wordpad just as in Word processors and in selecting text.

Word Wrap may well not be the problem. I wrote a lot of text as a test after seeing your message and control right arrow moved properly. I don't know what the problem is. Word wrap might as well be tried, though it probably won't help.

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me keyboard
shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often I use this
acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

--
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Gene,

The situation is not changed after wraping line, Nvda does not read all words by using Ctrl + right arrow.

Jarek

Dne 06.07.2020 v 14:36 Gene napsal(a):

It isn't a shortcut.  It is actually a Windowss command to move the cursor right by word and NVDA is programmed to read the word the cursor moves through.

I don't know why it isn't reading properly but are you saying it is in Notepad and not in other programs such as Word or Wordpad or a browser?  I suspect you may be having the problem because word wrap is off in Notepad. Notepad doesn't create new lines.  If something you are working on is just a string of text with no line feeds, Notepad sees it as one continuous line and movement doesn't work as you expect.
Open the menus in Notepad.
Right arrow to format and down arrow.
When you get to word wrap, do you hear checked if you let Word wrap be spoken and then wait for a second or two?  If not, press enter when you are on Word Wrap.  It is now turned on and I think the problem will be solved.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Jarek.Krcmar
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 6:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi group,

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me
keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often
I use this acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

Sarah k Alawami

Did you try running the registration tool in nvda menu/tools, and or restarting your computer to see if that would work? Also, what eversion of windows are you running, what version of nvda and did you also try with all add ons disabled?

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 6:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi group,

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me
keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often
I use this acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

Louis Maher

Hello Jarek,

Are you using a Bluetooth headset?

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03@...

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 6:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi group,

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me
keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often
I use this acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Sarah,

I found out, that the problem is also after restarting PC.

Not any addons I have disabled.

Jarek

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 6:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi group,

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me
keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often
I use this acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

Jarek.Krcmar

No, I don't use a blootooth headsed.

Jarek

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 6:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi group,

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me
keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often
I use this acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

Gene

Does the problem only happen in Notepad?

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 6:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi group,

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me
keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often
I use this acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

Jarek.Krcmar

Yes, Gene, this problem is only in Notepad. In Wordpad and Word is that good working.

Jarek

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 6:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi group,

I have found out, that Nvda reads only some words by the shortcut Ctrl +
right arrow.

Couldn't someone advise me how to discipline NVDA to use me
keyboard shortcuts Ctrl-Right arrow did not omit words? Quite often
I use this acronym and the problem is holding me back.

This problem is in Notepad.

Luke Davis

We need to know what kind of text he is trying to read. Where it comes from, what format it is, what language, etc. A sample text file might even be good.

Luke