Topics

a question nvda2019.3rc3

P. Otter

Hello all!
i'm wondering why is revo uninstaller not accessible anymore in nvda2019.3rc3, that's the newest!
with nvda2019.2.1 there was no problem to access revo uninstaller.
is it possible to repair this problem?
thanks in advance
        paul otter

Felix G.

Hi,
same seems to go for VLC, as I randomly discovered yesterday. May have
been a problem with my system though, so I'll double-check on another
machine.
Best,
Felix

Am Do., 6. Feb. 2020 um 09:07 Uhr schrieb P. Otter <pam.otter@...>:

Hello all!
i'm wondering why is revo uninstaller not accessible anymore in
nvda2019.3rc3, that's the newest!
with nvda2019.2.1 there was no problem to access revo uninstaller.
is it possible to repair this problem?
thanks in advance
paul otter

Ian Blackburn

Yes and I had a problem with nvda not speaking anything that I typed into the search box on the start menu
With an update in windows that seem to fix it
I will try VLC media player Because I haven’t done it since I installed the latest release candidate
I check windows every day for updates in case there’s not something I missed
On 6 Feb 2020, at 4:21 pm, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:
Hi,
same seems to go for VLC, as I randomly discovered yesterday. May have
been a problem with my system though, so I'll double-check on another
machine.
Best,
Felix

Am Do., 6. Feb. 2020 um 09:07 Uhr schrieb P. Otter <pam.otter@...>:

Hello all!
i'm wondering why is revo uninstaller not accessible anymore in
nvda2019.3rc3, that's the newest!
with nvda2019.2.1 there was no problem to access revo uninstaller.
is it possible to repair this problem?
thanks in advance
paul otter

Quentin Christensen

I haven't used Revo uninstaller, but at a guess, given the (I'm guessing) purpose of the program - does Revo Uninstaller require admin privileges?  And are you running a portable copy of NVDA 2019.3rc3?  If yes to both of those, then it's (likely) just a limitation of the portable copy of NVDA, as per: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#PortableAndTemporaryCopyRestrictions

If you install the RC then it should work.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

P. Otter

ok, I'll try it.
thanks!
kind regards
paul otter

Op 6-2-2020 om 10:01 schreef Quentin Christensen:

[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Did you try running nvda rc3 as admin, that is, di dyou run the exe as such? Give that a try and see what happens.

to subscribe to the feed click here