Topics

a question regarding NVDA portable

abdul muhamin

Hi all, while using nvda copy, I noticed that the device manager is not accessible, I want to know more about the limitations in portable NVDA. Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

From the user guide the restrictions below.

3.1. Portable and Temporary Copy Restrictions
Apart from the inability to automatically start during and/or after log-on, the portable and temporary copies of NVDA also have the following restrictions:
• The inability to interact with applications running with administrative privileges, unless of course NVDA itself has been run also with these privileges (not recommended).
• The inability to read User Account Control (UAC) screens when trying to start an application with administrative privileges.
• Windows 8 and later: the inability to support input from a touchscreen.
• Windows 8 and later: the inability to provide features such as browse mode and speaking of typed characters in Windows Store apps.
• Windows 8 and later: audio ducking is not supported.

Gene nz

On 1/03/2020 9:50 am, abdul muhamin wrote:

Hi all, while using nvda copy, I noticed that the device manager is not accessible, I want to know more about the limitations in portable NVDA. Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

abdul muhamin

O great, thanks a lot