Topics

a suggestion for a future release of NVDA

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Will NVDA be able to automatically read messages in outlook like it does withother email clients? This would be a great feature to have. I think it can be done in screen readers like window-eyes and jaws.

Rosemarie

Does it not do that already?  I thought it did.
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@...
Will NVDA be able to automatically read messages in outlook like it does withother email clients? This would be a great feature to have. I think it can be done in screen readers like window-eyes and jaws.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

It doesn't do it. I think there's a way you can make the other screen
readers do it but with NVDA you hit insert down-arrow to read the message.

@AHeart4God316 <mailto:@AHeart4God316>
Phone: (704) 256-8010 Extension 401.

Will NVDA be able to automatically read messages in outlook like it
does withother email clients? This would be a great feature to have. I think
it can be done in screen readers like window-eyes and jaws.

Rosemarie

Pranav Lal

Hi Rosemarie,

To clarify, do you want a feature that reads a message as soon as it is opened?

Pranav

Will NVDA be able to automatically read messages in outlook like it does withother email clients? This would be a great feature to have. I think it can be done in screen readers like window-eyes and jaws.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Yes. That's what I was referring to.