ableton live suport with NVDA

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

I don't know if this will be blocked but my question is does ableton live work with NVDA?

Luis Carlos González Moráles

I'm sorry to say that but the DAW, regardless of screen reader is inaccesible, and it's far from impossible to be. Same with FLS.

En 20 de noviembre de 2021 3:06:59 p. m. "Eduardo Fermiano Luccas" <25102008luccas@...> escribió:

I don't know if this will be blocked but my question is does ableton live work with NVDA?

Quentin Christensen

I'm not familiar with it, but from a quick search, I gather it is music software? https://www.ableton.com/en/

I couldn't find anything on its accessibility, but I did find a couple of forum posts asking for help making it accessible, so it may not be.

I know a lot of users find https://www.reaper.fm/ meets their needs, particularly with the Osara accessibility add-on: https://osara.reaperaccessibility.com/

I'm not sure if that does what you need or has any of the same features as ableton, but just thought I'd mention it.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

is reaper free? does it work with NVDA? Can it be used for more than 60 days? and most importantly, will it run on my 4GB computer?

Em seg., 22 de nov. de 2021 às 03:33, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> escreveu:

[...]

I did give you the links so you could investigate for yourself...  There's a "download" link which tells you the evaluation lasts for 60 days and a purchase link which tells you that a license costs $60 for a personal license (and $225 for a commercial license).

I don't know the restrictions of the free version, but they do encourage you to download the free version first to ensure it meets your needs.  Do check it out and let us know what you think.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 6:00 PM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
[...]

for the time being, I'm going to stay in the same aldio editor... it's not very complete, but it suits my needs

Em seg., 22 de nov. de 2021 às 04:50, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> escreveu:

[...]

cisco

Hello there,

The only restriction that Reaper gives without you purchasing it is a window that you can close after four seconds on first start of the software per session that basically says that Reaper is not free, and that you should purchase it because that would help them greatly.

Except that, Reaper can be used without buying a license as far as I know, I am using it without a problem, and I’ve had it for more than a year.

[...]

Arlene

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask. No,  it isn’t free. Yes, it does work with NVDA. However, someone can better answer you on that. I don’t use it.  I think that program has a free 30 day trial. I could be lying. If you try it. You can’t use all its features until you pay.  If there is a free trial I suggest you try it in the meantime before someone answers you.  If you do end up trying the free trial. You find it doesn’t work then get rid of it before your trial runs out.  You won’t loose the show.  If you find it does work then you can pay for it.

Sent from Mail for Windows

[...]

The only thing I like with Ableton Live is that you can transform an audio track to a midi track. Don't know if there's an equivalent plugin/reaper feature

Arlene wrote:

[...]

Este correo lo hice gracias a Mozilla Thunderbird.

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Just to add to this, on the website Reaper Accessibility, you can also join an Email list called Reapers Without Peepers, and there are some very knowledgeable people on there who will get you started with Reaper.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

[...]

Then you should buy it.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

[...]

Yes, the built in plugin Reatune can do this, as can Meladine.

See here:-

https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=228274

All the best

Steve