About Accessibility improvements in Libre Office if you can inform

Marcos Antonio Schllosser

Greetings.

I have been looking for some time to use LibreOficee to produce my Documents.

However, I have noticed that this Suit has sin in Accessibility if we compare it with Maicrosoft Office.

The List of Elements in this Suit would need to be implemented as it exists in Maicrosoft Office and it would be necessary to make the Dialog Boxes more accessible to use Styles, Formatting, among others, which in Maicrosoft's Suit is fully accessible.

For example, I tried some time ago to associate a Google Drive Account with Libre Office so that I could save my files to the Cloud but this dialog is fully accessible.

Could you let me know if the NVDA developers are thinking of doing some implementations in NVDA to make Libre Office more accessible?

I appreciate if you can inform.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for asking!  We have recently started working a little closer with some interested developers from the LibreOffice community.  So we are hopeful of improvements coming down the pipeline.

You can find NVDA's LibreOffice issues using the "LibreOffice" tag on our issue tracker here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Aapp%2Flibreoffice+

You can find Libre Office's bugs which mention NVDA by searching their Bugzilla repository: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=nvda

And for any developers interested in joining in, while both projects are open source and you are welcome to contribute to any issues you are interested in, LibreOffice also regularly offer tenders for specific work they are willing to pay for.  Currently there is a tender available to implement C++ accessibility tests: https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2021/10/13/tender-to-implement-c-accessibility-tests-202110-01/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Marcos Antonio Schllosser

Greetings! Unfortunately I cannot contribute to Development. Because I'm an NVDA user and I don't know about Programming. But I wrote because I work with both Suites and Maicrosoft is more accessible per hour than LibreOffice. We hope that in the future LibreOffice will be as accessible as the Maicrosoft Suite. That way I'll be able to work with Free Programs.
And in terms of text formatting, LibreOffice still has disadvantages compared to Maicrosoft.
Thank you for being willing to develop LibreOffice implementations in NVDA Certainly these improvements will be very welcome.

marcos.listas1981@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings.

I have been looking for some time to use LibreOficee to produce my
Documents.

However, I have noticed that this Suit has sin in Accessibility if we
compare it with Maicrosoft Office.

The List of Elements in this Suit would need to be implemented as it
exists in Maicrosoft Office and it would be necessary to make the Dialog
Boxes more accessible to use Styles, Formatting, among others, which in
Maicrosoft's Suit is fully accessible.

For example, I tried some time ago to associate a Google Drive Account
with Libre Office so that I could save my files to the Cloud but this
dialog is fully accessible.

Could you let me know if the NVDA developers are thinking of doing some
implementations in NVDA to make Libre Office more accessible?

I appreciate if you can inform.

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

so I guess at this time google docs, sheets and slides is more accessible than libreoffice?

Marcos Antonio Schllosser

But if I use GoogleDocs, which browser is this Platform more Accessible with?
If you can inform, thank you.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 10:25 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
so I guess at this time google docs, sheets and slides is more accessible than libreoffice?
-
That probably depends entirely on what one is trying to do, and where the accessibility issues occur in each.

There's also Office Online, too.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Jason White

On 26/10/21 21:44, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Thanks for asking!  We have recently started working a little closer with some interested developers from the LibreOffice community.  So we are hopeful of improvements coming down the pipeline.
That's good news. I hope this work will, as a side effect, benefit the accessibility of the Linux version of LibreOffice as well.