about addon development guide

coscell@...

Why the examples are not ordered? The first example is example 2.

On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 07:49 AM, =?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?= wrote:
Why the examples are not ordered? The first example is example 2.
-
This query is far more likely to get the attention it deserves, and the answer you seek, if posed on the NVDA Add-Ons Central Group.  Addresses are listed in the section (as they are for any Groups.io group) named Group Email Addresses, on the group's home page, to which I gave the link.

Development related questions are best asked on the previously noted group for Add-Ons, and the NVDA Screen Reader Development group for NVDA itself.

Both of these groups are aimed more at coders/developers rather than end users, which are the target demographic for the NVDA group.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Hi,

Are you talking about add-on development guide found on GitHub? If so, I need to know exactly what the guide says so the author (I) can edit it.

Cheers,

Joseph

Martin J. Dürst <duerst@...>

Hello Joseph,

On 2021-12-20 02:31, Joseph Lee via groups.io wrote:
Hi,
Are you talking about add-on development guide found on GitHub? If so, I need to know exactly what the guide says so the author (I) can edit it.
[Warning: Lots of links ahead.]

This is just a guess, but it could be that the original poster referred to the section "Introduction to app modules"
(https://github.com/nvdaaddons/devguide/wiki/NVDA Add-on Development Guide#user-content-introduction-to-app-modules)
in your guide.

The first example in that section is indeed "Example 2: Simple app module in Notepad"
(https://github.com/nvdaaddons/devguide/wiki/NVDA Add-on Development Guide#user-content-example-2-simple-app-module-in-notepad).

There is an "Example 1" a bit earlier, namely "Example 1: Writing computer braille using QWERTY keyboard"
(https://github.com/nvdaaddons/devguide/wiki/NVDA Add-on Development Guide#user-content-example-1-writing-computer-braille-using-qwerty-keyboard).

But this example is in the proceeding section, on global plugins
(https://github.com/nvdaaddons/devguide/wiki/NVDA Add-on Development Guide#user-content-introduction-to-global-plugins).

Hope this helps, Martin.

Cheers,
Joseph

Martin J. Dürst <duerst@...>

Sorry, in my previous mail, the links contained spaces, so they may not be read correctly, and may not be easy to activate. Fixed below (using %20, which is the same as space for the server).

Hope this works this time. Martin.

Hi,

(https://github.com/nvdaaddons/devguide/wiki/NVDA%20Add-on%20Development%20Guide#user-content-introduction-to-app-modules)
in your guide.
The first example in that section is indeed "Example 2: Simple app module in Notepad"
(https://github.com/nvdaaddons/devguide/wiki/NVDA%20Add-on%20Development%20Guide#user-content-example-2-simple-app-module-in-notepad).
There is an "Example 1" a bit earlier, namely "Example 1: Writing computer braille using QWERTY keyboard"
(https://github.com/nvdaaddons/devguide/wiki/NVDA%20Add-on%20Development%20Guide#user-content-example-1-writing-computer-braille-using-qwerty-keyboard). But this example is in the proceeding section, on global plugins
(https://github.com/nvdaaddons/devguide/wiki/NVDA%20Add-on%20Development%20Guide#user-content-introduction-to-global-plugins).
Hope this helps,   Martin.

Cheers,

Joseph
.
--
Prof. Dr.sc. Martin J. Dürst
Department of Intelligent Information Technology

Hi,

I see what's up - I'll write a detailed post about it on add-ons list (not here; I've been meaning to update the add-on dev guide to mention latest changes in NVDA but couldn't due to graduate school).

Cheers,

Joseph