Topics

about nvda add-on bringing text analiser feature in JAWS

Aschalew Byness

Hi Friends
Is there any nvda add-on that works as 'text analiser' to find text
inconsistency like that of jaws? In jaws, we find text inconsistency
with insert+space, a; or with win key+alt+i. how about in nvda?
Thank you!

--
Aschalew Ashagre Byness (Ass. Prof. and
Attorney-at-law
M: +251-9110-616-92

Akshaya Choudhary

What is text inconsistency?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Aschalew Byness

When editing a document using speech only, inconsistencies such as
unmatched parentheses, unintentional format changes, extra whitespace,
and stray or unspaced punctuation can often be missed. The Text
Analyzer feature is a tool in jaws that notifies you of these
inconsistencies in your document by using a spoken message or WAV
file. You can press ALT+WINDOWS KEY+I at any time to have Text
Analyzer move the cursor to the next inconsistency and
shift+ALT+WINDOWS KEY+I to previous inconsistancy. I’m at a loss for
words to express how important it is to polish your document.

On 5/22/20, Akshaya Choudhary <@Akshaya> wrote:
What is text inconsistency?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

--
Attorney-at-law

Marquette, Ed

I am unaware of an add-on like text analyzer; however, the font change, attribute change, indent, color change can all be picked up (along with more), by pressing CapsLock, control, and D. I created a configuration profile with all that turned on. I call it proof reading.
With Word's grammar check turned on, I get pretty much what text analyzer offers, except the open quote with no closed quote function. That, however, drove me nuts because, if one read line-by-line, JAWS thought I had failed to close the quote when the close quote was just on the next line.
NVDA cannot announce capitalization when reading by line, and that is a serious shortcoming, and the reason I have to keep JAWS.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Aschalew Byness via groups.io
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 12:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] about nvda add-on bringing text analiser feature in JAWS

[ CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER ]

Hi Friends
Is there any nvda add-on that works as 'text analiser' to find text inconsistency like that of jaws? In jaws, we find text inconsistency with insert+space, a; or with win key+alt+i. how about in nvda?
Thank you!

--
Attorney-at-law

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Gene

Actually, the failure to announce capitalization is more serious than might initially appear.  At first, I thought it was just a problem with one computer, but as I worked with others, over time, I have found that it is a common problem that pressing the shift correctly, then typing a letter may not result in a capital letter being typed.  I often see corrections where my spell checker flags a word for not being capitalized I am sure I used the shift for. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] about nvda add-on bringing text analiser feature in JAWS

I am unaware of an add-on like text analyzer; however, the font change, attribute change, indent, color change can all be picked up (along with more), by pressing CapsLock, control, and D.  I created a configuration profile with all that turned on.  I call it proof reading.
With Word's grammar check turned on, I get pretty much what text analyzer offers, except the open quote with no closed quote function.  That, however, drove me nuts because, if one read line-by-line, JAWS thought I had failed to close the quote when the close quote was just on the next line.
NVDA cannot announce capitalization when reading by line, and that is a serious shortcoming, and the reason I have to keep JAWS.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Aschalew Byness via groups.io
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 12:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] about nvda add-on bringing text analiser feature in JAWS

[ CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER ]

Hi Friends
Is there any nvda add-on that works as 'text analiser' to find text inconsistency like that of jaws? In jaws, we find text inconsistency with insert+space, a; or with win key+alt+i. how about in nvda?
Thank you!

--
Attorney-at-law

This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipients above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.