Topics

about nvda add-on bringing text analiser feature in JAWS

Aschalew Byness

Hi Friends
Is there any nvda add-on that works as 'text analiser' to find text
inconsistency like that of jaws? In jaws, we find text inconsistency
with insert+space, a; or with win key+alt+i. how about in nvda?
Thank you!

--
Aschalew Ashagre Byness (Ass. Prof. and
Attorney-at-law

Akshaya Choudhary

What is text inconsistency?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Aschalew Byness

When editing a document using speech only, inconsistencies such as
unmatched parentheses, unintentional format changes, extra whitespace,
and stray or unspaced punctuation can often be missed. The Text
Analyzer feature is a tool in jaws that notifies you of these
inconsistencies in your document by using a spoken message or WAV
file. You can press ALT+WINDOWS KEY+I at any time to have Text
Analyzer move the cursor to the next inconsistency and
shift+ALT+WINDOWS KEY+I to previous inconsistancy. I’m at a loss for
words to express how important it is to polish your document.

On 5/22/20, Akshaya Choudhary <@Akshaya> wrote:
What is text inconsistency?
--
Regards,
Sociohack

--
Aschalew Ashagre Byness (Ass. Prof. and
Attorney-at-law
M: +251-9110-616-92

Marquette, Ed

I am unaware of an add-on like text analyzer; however, the font change, attribute change, indent, color change can all be picked up (along with more), by pressing CapsLock, control, and D. I created a configuration profile with all that turned on. I call it proof reading.
With Word's grammar check turned on, I get pretty much what text analyzer offers, except the open quote with no closed quote function. That, however, drove me nuts because, if one read line-by-line, JAWS thought I had failed to close the quote when the close quote was just on the next line.
NVDA cannot announce capitalization when reading by line, and that is a serious shortcoming, and the reason I have to keep JAWS.

Is there any nvda add-on that works as 'text analiser' to find text inconsistency like that of jaws? In jaws, we find text inconsistency with insert+space, a; or with win key+alt+i. how about in nvda?
Thank you!

--
Aschalew Ashagre Byness (Ass. Prof. and
Attorney-at-law
M: +251-9110-616-92

Thank you.

Gene

Actually, the failure to announce capitalization is more serious than might initially appear.  At first, I thought it was just a problem with one computer, but as I worked with others, over time, I have found that it is a common problem that pressing the shift correctly, then typing a letter may not result in a capital letter being typed.  I often see corrections where my spell checker flags a word for not being capitalized I am sure I used the shift for.

Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 11:55 AM