acapela 1.7 not working

Josh Kennedy

Hi

The acapela voices 1.7 addon is not working with nvda 2021.2. I have 14 days left in the trial. I installed the engine and the Calibri voices. When I choose acapela I get no speech and have to restart NVDA. And when you try to install voices from the addon itself it wants you to download 1.6 addon version which is not compatible with 2021.2. I contacted acapela but got no response. If these voices won’t work I guess I can’t buy them and it says I have 14 days left in my trial so they should be working.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

John Isige

1. Go to:

http://www.acapela-nvda.com/

2. Follow the instructions, and get to:

http://www.acapela-nvda.com/get-your-download-here-v1-7/

3. Download the engine. I saved it.

4. Download the addon with all of the calibri voices or whatever they're called. Again, I saved it.

5. Go to where you saved them. Click on the addon for the engine. Tell it to install. Say no when it asks you to restart.

6. Then click on the addon with all of the voices. Again, say yes you want to install it. This time, restart.

7. Hit NVDA-ctrl-s, pick a capela as your synth.

For me, this talks just fine. I don't know that I'd buy them, because I've never been a huge fan of their voices and there's no rate boost that I can see, which means even at a hundred percent, it's slower than the rate I usually read at. But I am absolutely running NVDA 2021.2, I just checked, Windows 10 21H1 with latest updates, and it's working just fine. I didn't even get anything about picking a trial license or whatever, I just did the above steps, and it's working, for how long, I have no idea, not that it matters because I'm going to uninstall it all after I'm done writing this message anyway. I think I did briefly do a trial a few years ago, so maybe it's just picking up on that, although I don't know if I did it on this machine or not. Anyway, working just fine here.

On 10/13/2021 3:16 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

Hi

The acapela voices 1.7 addon is not working with nvda 2021.2. I have 14 days left in the trial. I installed the engine and the Calibri voices. When I choose acapela I get no speech and have to restart NVDA. And when you try to install voices from the addon itself it wants you to download 1.6 addon version which is not compatible with 2021.2. I contacted acapela but got no response. If these voices won’t work I guess I can’t buy them and it says I have 14 days left in my trial so they should be working.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

Chris

You have either downloaded the wrong version of the addon or your version of NVDA is incompatible

I would go back to the download page of the acapela and download the correct version for your version of NVDA

The acapela voices 1.7 addon is not working with nvda 2021.2. I have 14 days left in the trial. I installed the engine and the Calibri voices. When I choose acapela I get no speech and have to restart NVDA. And when you try to install voices from the addon itself it wants you to download 1.6 addon version which is not compatible with 2021.2. I contacted acapela but got no response. If these voices won’t work I guess I can’t buy them and it says I have 14 days left in my trial so they should be working.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

Richard Wells

I have previously purchased Acapela  voices and they are working perfectly with NVDA 2021.2 here.

On 10/13/2021 4:16 PM, John Isige wrote:

[...]

Blake Roberts

Hi Josh,
Thank you for specifying the version number of Acapela for NVDA which you experience difficulty with. The version number was not evident in your original thread. I agree with you about importance of testing and using Acapela for NVDA before making a purchasing decision. I trialed the product myself several years ago prior to buying.

I can confirm that the calibri voices Acapela NVDA add-on is not currently compatible with NVDA 2021.2. But, during the trial period you can download and use the HQ (high-quality) Acapela voices. I would suggest downloading/installing HQ Rod for your first voice test, which I presently have installed as my Acapela for NVDA voice. To my knowledge, people trialing the product and/or who have purchased a premium Acapela for NVDA license can use as many high-quality voices as they desire. If you or any one else chooses to buy, I recommend buying the premium license and not the basic one. With a basic license, you can only use Acapela for NVDA calibri voices. Premium purchase allows use of both calibri and HQ voices just like during trial period. Whether one chooses to buy any product or not is of course an individual decision.

Blake

Richard Wells

I should have said that I am using the HQ voices and they are working here.