From: "Josh Kennedy" <joshknnd1982@...>
Sent: 10/13/2021 6:58:48 AM
Subject: [nvda] acapela for nvda not compatible

Hi

I downloaded acapela for nvda and when I tried to download and install voices, it said the voice addons were not compatible with nvda 2021.2. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how do I fix this? If this is not fixable then I guess I cannot buy acapela for use with nvda.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

Chris

Download the compatible version for your version of NVDA, it's a simple as that

On 13 Oct 2021, at 00:58, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

Hi

I downloaded acapela for nvda and when I tried to download and install voices, it said the voice addons were not compatible with nvda 2021.2. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how do I fix this? If this is not fixable then I guess I cannot buy acapela for use with nvda.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

Kenny Cheung

I just tried it after downloading the compatible version for the latest NVDA, and no dice. I just emailed them too.

On Oct 13, 2021, at 00:53, Chris via groups.io <chrismedley@...> wrote:

Download the compatible version for your version of NVDA, it's a simple as that

On 13 Oct 2021, at 00:58, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

Hi
I downloaded acapela for nvda and when I tried to download and install voices, it said the voice addons were not compatible with nvda 2021.2. Has anyone else experienced this? If so how do I fix this? If this is not fixable then I guess I cannot buy acapela for use with nvda.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows

Blake Roberts

Acapela TTS for NVDA version 1.7 is compatible with NVDA 2021.2, just as it was with NVDA version 2021.1. I know this to be a fact as owner of a product license for years. I keeps the Acapela for NVDA product up-to-date on my system. Version 1.5 is for older versions of "NVDA 2019.2 and lower" to quote the Acapela for NVDA download page. Version 1.7 is for "NVDA 2019.3 +". Therefore, downloading/installing version 1.7 should be problem-free.
According to this blogp ost on the Acapelafor NVDA web site:
http://www.acapela-nvda.com/blog/2021/06/14/release-of-acapela-tts-voices-for-nvda-1-7/
Acapela for NVDA 1.7 was released in June of this year to be compatible with NVDA 2021.1 and above. Make sure you are downloading version 1.7, not the antiquated 1.5 version of the add-on. After successful installation of the add-on, it is then necessary to download the Acapela voices of your choice for use with the product.

Blake