Topics

Accessibility of PCDI Canada/Ashworth College courses

Janet Brandly

Hello all,

Has anyone had experience with the accessibility of courses from the Professional Development Institute- Canada? This is an on-line college which is affiliated with Ashworth College in the US. I took a medical transcription course a number of years ago and am considering their 4-month MT course as a refresher. I spoke with one of their advisors yesterday. The outcome was not satisfactory. She did not know whether their program is recognized here in Canada and whether I can use their receipts or income taxes. The information is on their website an they are recognized. She also claims that the medical transcription program is not accessible for screen readers. Unfortunately, she was not able to provide me with the name of the learning platform they use o I cannot try it for myself. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Janet