Accessible CAT tool with NVDA

Ikrami

Hello

The subject says it all. Fellow translators, what is the most accessible CAT tool we can use with NVDA? Whether free or paid.

Thanks

tim

The last time I used CAD was when I had sight, its a drawing program.

On 10/23/2021 4:50 PM, Ikrami wrote:

Hello

The subject says it all. Fellow translators, what is the most accessible CAT tool we can use with NVDA? Whether free or paid.

Thanks

Rui Fontes

That is CAD...

CAT, I suppose is Computer assisted translation, or something in that line...

The better I know, to translate NVDA, is PoEdit Pro...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:10 de 23/10/2021, tim escreveu:

The last time I used CAD was when I had sight, its a drawing program.

On 10/23/2021 4:50 PM, Ikrami wrote:

Hello

The subject says it all. Fellow translators, what is the most accessible CAT tool we can use with NVDA? Whether free or paid.

Thanks

Ikrami

you're correct Rui. These are apps used to assist translators and speed up their work and manage large translation projects, but it seems that many of them are inaccessible, such as trados and wordFast.

On 24 Oct 2021, at 1:30 AM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

That is CAD...

CAT, I suppose is Computer assisted translation, or something in that line...

The better I know, to translate NVDA, is PoEdit Pro...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:10 de 23/10/2021, tim escreveu:

The last time I used CAD was when I had sight, its a drawing program.

On 10/23/2021 4:50 PM, Ikrami wrote:

Hello

The subject says it all. Fellow translators, what is the most accessible CAT tool we can use with NVDA? Whether free or paid.

Thanks

Natalie

Hello,

Try OmegaT:

https://omegat.org/

It’s an interesting open-source project and in my opinion very accessible with NVDA.

Below you’ll find a list of useful shortcuts:

https://omegat.sourceforge.io/manual-standard/en/appendix.shortcut.custom.html

Best,

Natalie

you're correct Rui. These are apps used to assist translators and speed up their work and manage large translation projects, but it seems that many of them are inaccessible, such as trados and wordFast

On 24 Oct 2021, at 1:30 AM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

That is CAD...

CAT, I suppose is Computer assisted translation, or something in that line...

The better I know, to translate NVDA, is PoEdit Pro...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:10 de 23/10/2021, tim escreveu:

The last time I used CAD was when I had sight, its a drawing program.

On 10/23/2021 4:50 PM, Ikrami wrote:

Hello

The subject says it all. Fellow translators, what is the most accessible CAT tool we can use with NVDA? Whether free or paid.

Thanks

Aine Kelly Costello

Hi,

I think the general consensus is that Fluency is one of the most accessible on Windows and it sounds like their customer support people are responsive too. I haven't used it myself but this is the vibe I get from The Roundtable list for blind and vision impaired translators and interpreters.

Here's Fleuncey:
https://www.westernstandard.com/Fluency/freelancers.aspx
And the list page;

Rui Fontes

Last time I used Trados, when I was translating JAWS, back in 2012, it was just a little accessible...

Rui Fontes