accessible Password managers

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

Are any password managers usable with NVDA?

I’m thinking of getting one to make my system more secure as I keep forgetting my passwords.

I’m running NVDA (latest) on windows 10 on the PC.

All the best,

Cearbhall

Avast logo

hi.
i think that keypass should be accessible with nvda screen reader.
also, its opensource.

On 6/28/21, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie> wrote:
Hi,

Are any password managers usable with NVDA?

I'm thinking of getting one to make my system more secure as I keep
forgetting my passwords.

I'm running NVDA (latest) on windows 10 on the PC.

All the best,

Cearbhall

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Life in Six Dots

Hi Cearbhall,

The most accessible Password Manager I've found is 1Password. It is accessible with most screen readers including NVDA. I've used it for some years now with JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver (macOS and iOS), and more recently with Android and even Orca and eSpeakUp on Linux.

Paul

I've been using Password Safe (as have some of my clients) for years now along with its Android port (there's an iOS one, too) Passwd Safe.

Unless something's changed, and I have no visual evidence of that as it seems to have remained static as far as the UI goes for years, it's accessible.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,
You can also use the password managers that come with the browser, I use the one in firefox, I know that there is one with chrome too.
Other than that, there is bitwarden (open source) and 1password (paid), subscription-based.
good luck.

On 6/28/21, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Are any password managers usable with NVDA?
>

> I'm thinking of getting one to make my system more secure as I keep
> forgetting my passwords.
>

> I'm running NVDA (latest) on windows 10 on the PC.
>

> All the best,
>

> Cearbhall
>

> m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...
>

> --

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Blake Roberts <BEarlRoberts@...>

I myself use
AnyPassword Pro
which I consider to be very accessible with NVDA. Although I have not found any version updates for a few years, I still use AnyPassword Pro due to its accessibility and no subscription required.

The program uses standard window controls, so you can tab between options and have access to menus with alt key. There is  also tree structure for folders to open/close similar to the folders in File Explorer.

AnyPassword Pro can be trialed for a period of time after download/installation. If you like it, there is a one-time payment per version. Meaning, I paid once for the prievious version. A second payment was made after trialing current version.

Blake

Pranav Lal

Hi Cearbhall,

Key pass 2 works and is accessible. Zara has already suggested this.

Pranav