Topics

Accessible screencasting programs?

Hi all,

I know I asked a similar question on Freelists, so sorry for asking this again...

Does anyone know of any screencasting/screen recording program similar to Camtasia/Debut that is accessible with NVDA? Obs Studio is reasonably accessible, but there is no way to pause and resume the recording. Camstudio is kind of out-of-date, haven't seen an update for 2 years, Debut...is now pretty much shareware/trialware, plus it installed lots of unwanted stuff on my computer.

Kevin Chao

OBS Classic orks great for screen recording

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 8:22 AM Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I know I asked a similar question on Freelists, so sorry for asking this again...

Does anyone know of any screencasting/screen recording program similar to Camtasia/Debut that is accessible with NVDA? Obs Studio is reasonably accessible, but there is no way to pause and resume the recording. Camstudio is kind of out-of-date, haven't seen an update for 2 years, Debut...is now pretty much shareware/trialware, plus it installed lots of unwanted stuff on my computer.

I know it is accessible, but according to the website it is no longer the focus of the developers, which lead me to believe that there will be no more major updates, and I think there is still no way to pause the recording. Stopping the recording means that it creates a separate file, what I'm looking for is to just pause and resume the recording, so when I stop the recording, it would still be the same file.

Jacob Kruger

I've used webinaria a few times - primary issue was needed to then extract audio, boost it's volume, and then reapply it to video clip using combination of audacity and virtualdub:
http://www.webinaria.com/

And, it's interface isn't perfectly accessible, but, managed to get it working with NVDA screen review mode, after had used hotkeys to start and stop recordings.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-03-17 5:37 PM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
I know it is accessible, but according to the website it is no longer
the focus of the developers, which lead me to believe that there will be
no more major updates, and I think there is still no way to pause the
recording. Stopping the recording means that it creates a separate file,
what I'm looking for is to just pause and resume the recording, so when
I stop the recording, it would still be the same file.

Mr. Wong Chi Wai <cwwong.pro@...>

use Open Broadcaster Software
totally accessible but you need to learn about how to config the software for recording first

Supanut Leepaisomboon 於 17/3/2016 23:22 寫道:

Hi all,

I know I asked a similar question on Freelists, so sorry for asking this again...

Does anyone know of any screencasting/screen recording program similar to Camtasia/Debut that is accessible with NVDA? Obs Studio is reasonably accessible, but there is no way to pause and resume the recording. Camstudio is kind of out-of-date, haven't seen an update for 2 years, Debut...is now pretty much shareware/trialware, plus it installed lots of unwanted stuff on my computer.

Oh. Does it allow me to pause and resume the recording? Have you try to config Obs to do that? Camstuido allowed me to pause and resume the recording, but as I said the program is kind of dated and doesn't seem to be getting any update since like 2013 or something.

Mr. Wong Chi Wai <cwwong.pro@...>

As far as I know, I didn't know how to pause and resume when recording.
But both start and stop recording can set hotkeys and you can quickly trigger start recording ....then stop if you want to pause or keep recording and make editing later

Supanut Leepaisomboon 於 19/3/2016 19:00 寫道:

Oh. Does it allow me to pause and resume the recording? Have you try to config Obs to do that? Camstuido allowed me to pause and resume the recording, but as I said the program is kind of dated and doesn't seem to be getting any update since like 2013 or something.

I know but what I want is to pause and resume, while at the same time keeping the recording to one file, like what Camstudio did...

Jacob Kruger

WebInAria allows hotkeys to start recording, pause it, and stop it.

windows-key+alt+R
windows-key+alt+P
windows-key+alt+S

Primary issues had with it are just low-volume-levels in terms of audio recording, and that you need to use the NVDA screen review cursor to locate the publish button after you stop recording to then actually have it generate the video clip itself.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA