Accessible Soundboard Application


Chris Smart
 

Does anyone know of a soundboard application that is accessible with NVDA?


A soundboard is usually a program that allows someone to have many little audio clips cued up and assigned to hotkeys, so they can be played instantly when their hotkey is pushed.

It would be even better if said hotkeys were available globally.


Ben J. Bloomgren
 

Will Reaper do this?

Ben

On Jun 15, 2021, at 06:23, Chris Smart <ve3rwj@winsystem.org> wrote:

Does anyone know of a soundboard application that is accessible with NVDA?


A soundboard is usually a program that allows someone to have many little audio clips cued up and assigned to hotkeys, so they can be played instantly when their hotkey is pushed.

It would be even better if said hotkeys were available globally.








Chris Smart
 

I'm not sure. I have Reaper, and it does seem capable of just about anything...

On 2021-06-15 3:01 p.m., Ben J. Bloomgren wrote:
Will Reaper do this?

Ben

On Jun 15, 2021, at 06:23, Chris Smart <ve3rwj@winsystem.org> wrote:

Does anyone know of a soundboard application that is accessible with NVDA?


A soundboard is usually a program that allows someone to have many little audio clips cued up and assigned to hotkeys, so they can be played instantly when their hotkey is pushed.

It would be even better if said hotkeys were available globally.










 

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 03:03 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
I have Reaper, and it does seem capable of just about anything...
-
And it also has it's own Groups.io Group dedicated to users of Reaper who use screen readers:  Reapers Without Peepers

Their main page also includes information about downloading Osara as well as the typical list of group email addresses.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel

 


Sarah k Alawami
 

I'm actually not sure. It might, but you migh twant ot ask on the reapers list we have on groups.io.

Take care

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.
Finally, you can support my work on happs, the network of now.

On 15 Jun 2021, at 12:03, Chris Smart wrote:

I'm not sure. I have Reaper, and it does seem capable of just about anything...

On 2021-06-15 3:01 p.m., Ben J. Bloomgren wrote:

Will Reaper do this?

Ben

On Jun 15, 2021, at 06:23, Chris Smart ve3rwj@... wrote:

Does anyone know of a soundboard application that is accessible with NVDA?

A soundboard is usually a program that allows someone to have many little audio clips cued up and assigned to hotkeys, so they can be played instantly when their hotkey is pushed.

It would be even better if said hotkeys were available globally.


 

I'd be interested to know this, as well.




On 6/15/2021 9:21 AM, Chris Smart wrote:
Does anyone know of a soundboard application that is accessible with NVDA?


A soundboard is usually a program that allows someone to have many little audio clips cued up and assigned to hotkeys, so they can be played instantly when their hotkey is pushed.

It would be even better if said hotkeys were available globally.









Christopher Bartlett
 

Without ignoring our moderator's throat clearing (smile) I can say that I can think of a couple of ways one might do this in reaper, and would be happy to see and participate in such a discussion on a forum there.
Alternatively, I wonder if you couldn't design a hot key set in one of the hot key programs like AutoHotKeys or whatever the more recent implementation of such would be; I've not kept up with the state of this art.

Christopher Bartlett


On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 2:29 AM Governor staten <govsta@...> wrote:

I'd be interested to know this, as well.




On 6/15/2021 9:21 AM, Chris Smart wrote:
Does anyone know of a soundboard application that is accessible with NVDA?


A soundboard is usually a program that allows someone to have many little audio clips cued up and assigned to hotkeys, so they can be played instantly when their hotkey is pushed.

It would be even better if said hotkeys were available globally.










--
Christopher Bartlett


 

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 09:21 AM, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
Without ignoring our moderator's throat clearing (smile) I can say that I can think of a couple of ways one might do this in reaper, and would be happy to see and participate in such a discussion on a forum there.
-
Hence the reason I gave the reference.  Reaper really is not "simple" software, and the need to use a screen reader to access it makes it even less so.  For something as complex as Reaper, a group like Reapers Without Peepers is absolutely invaluable.

Were anyone to wish to have a brief discussion of Reaper with NVDA, where Reaper is the focus, that's what the Chat Subgroup is for.  I figure that a very great many here know even better than I do that they're about to start a discussion where NVDA happens to be the screen reader being used, but it's not the screen reader that's really being discussed, it's just the access method.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

I do not understand why some seek to separate a person from their actions.  The self is composed of an individual’s thoughts, actions, and expression, which are contained in and actuated by the body.  What you do and say is the clearest indicator of who you are.

      ~ Brian Vogel