Accessible SQL Clients

Luke Davis

Hello

Does anyone know of any NVDA accessible SQL clients? Specifically for PostGreSQL, MySQL, or MariaDB?

I usually do database work from the Linux shell (actual or WSL), but a recent discussion on another list has made me wonder if there are any accessible GUI applications for this which anyone can point to.

There are many out there, and before I started downloading them randomly and testing, I thought I would ask.

Luke

Russell James

Hi Luke

I don't know if you're a vs code user but it should be possible if you

I don't know the details of the accessibility with this approach but I would assume since most of the Microsoft apps are accessible to nvda it should be a good option

Quickstart: Use Visual Studio Code to connect and query
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/connect-query-vscode

I would be interested in learning which approach you find the most productive and accessible :-)

Russ

On Fri, Jun 4, 2021, 7:40 AM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
Hello

Does anyone know of any NVDA accessible SQL clients? Specifically for
PostGreSQL, MySQL, or MariaDB?

I usually do database work from the Linux shell (actual or WSL), but a
recent discussion on another list has made me wonder if there are any
accessible GUI applications for this which anyone can point to.

There are many out there, and before I started downloading them randomly
and testing, I thought I would ask.

Luke

Sascha Cowley

I had to use Oracle SQL Developer as part of a university course last year, and it was fairly accessible.

Jacob Kruger

I user the adminer single page webpage to handle database admin, and, it can handle multiple platforms, but, you need to run it under a form of apache - either laragon, wamp, or xampp.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile...acceptance is versatile..."

Hello

Jacob Kruger wrote:

I user the adminer single page webpage to handle database admin, and, it can handle multiple platforms, but, you need to run it under a form of apache - either laragon, wamp, or xampp.
Thanks for that. I'll keep it in mind, but for this particular project I'm not permitted to use a server side solution, needs to be a local piece of software.

Luke

Jacob Kruger

Luke, I run all three of those web servers as development environments on my local dev machine?