Topics

Accessible text expantion tools.

Ali Colak

Hello everyone,
Are their any text expantion tools accessible with NVDA? I've just
tried one called Phraise express, and while it is somewhat usable it
is not completely accessible. I know of some more options but I
thought I'd ask if anyone here had something to recommend.

Thanks
ALi

There is no fully accessible text expansion tool that will cover the whole OS. I've been looking for years, and it seems like none exists. The closest thing you will get is buying NCH's FastFox expansion software. But even that is not fully accessible.

Of course, you could always use autocorrect in Microsoft Word, cut, and copy the text, but I'd like one that works universally, myself and is fully accessible. Sadly, no fully accessible option exists.

Sarah k Alawami

I use text expander. That covers pretty much the whole thing.

Take care.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 16 Jan 2020, at 3:39, Robert Kingett wrote:

There is no fully accessible text expansion tool that will cover the whole OS. I've been looking for years, and it seems like none exists. The closest thing you will get is buying NCH's FastFox expansion software. But even that is not fully accessible.

Of course, you could always use autocorrect in Microsoft Word, cut, and copy the text, but I'd like one that works universally, myself and is fully accessible. Sadly, no fully accessible option exists.

William Wong

Of course there is a free, open source option, Autohotkey.

Or else you can use Lintalist.

They both have resources on the web to teach you how to set up.

Ali Colak 於 16/1/2020 19:18 寫道: