accessible uninstaller that works with NVDA

betina vega

Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

udit pandey

hi,
if you are using windows 10
then no need for anything

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@...> wrote:
Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

betina vega

Hi:

Thank you for your response. But I have a program that I’m not able to uninstall for some reason.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

On Aug 17, 2021, at 5:42 AM, udit pandey <udit52805@...> wrote:

hi,
if you are using windows 10
then no need for anything
On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@...> wrote:
Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

Richard Kuzma

Good morning,

I have a program uninstaller here that I got turned on to bhy the jaws people.

I can try and get it to you in some way.

I have not used it extensively, but it does completely remove/uninstall apps/programs.

I will not guaranty any results as everyone’s system is different.

Let me know if you would like me to get it to you.

I believe it is from Microsoft as well.

Thanks,

Rich

Thank you for your response. But I have a program that I’m not able to uninstall for some reason.

Sincerely,

Betina Vega

On Aug 17, 2021, at 5:42 AM, udit pandey <udit52805@...> wrote:

hi,

if you are using windows 10

then no need for anything

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@...> wrote:

Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

Richard Kuzma

Goona try and send it as an attatchment in case you are interested.

Thank you for your response. But I have a program that I’m not able to uninstall for some reason.

Sincerely,

Betina Vega

On Aug 17, 2021, at 5:42 AM, udit pandey <udit52805@...> wrote:

hi,

if you are using windows 10

then no need for anything

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@...> wrote:

Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

Gene

What program is it?

It is my opinion that it doesn’t generally matter if unused ;programs are uninstalled.  Programs take up little room and, with today’s enormous hard drives, the amount of space devoted to programs is not worth worrying about.

In short, I don’t worry about uninstalling programs and I generally leave programs I’ve installed on my machine.  They don’t cause any problems.

[...]

The attatchment got stripped out somehow.
Sounds like the group list did it.
If you send me your email to me:
rmkuzma@aol.com
I can try and send it to you directly.
Just let me know.
Rich

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

Ron Canazzi

Hi Betina,

Try the following to uninstall your problem program.

1.  Open the run dialogue with windows key + r.
2.  type the following:
shell:appsfolder
and press enter.

This will open an old style programs and features type interface familiar to users of Windows 7 and earlier.
It is in a Windows explorer Window.
3.  use up/down arrow keys or first letter navigation to highlight the name of the problem program.
4.  use the context menu windows context key or shift + F10) to bring up options for the program.
5.  If this is not a program native to Windows, one of them should be uninstall.
6.  Press enter on the uninstall item and follow the prompts.

see if this enabled you to uninstall the program.

--
Signature:

betina vega

Hi:

Yes. Please send the file to me via private email.
Thank you very much for your help.
Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

On Aug 17, 2021, at 8:25 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

[...]

Let me know if you get the attatchment,

Thanks and good luck,

Rich

Thank you for your response. But I have a program that I’m not able to uninstall for some reason.

Sincerely,

Betina Vega

On Aug 17, 2021, at 5:42 AM, udit pandey <udit52805@...> wrote:

hi,

if you are using windows 10

then no need for anything

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@...> wrote:

Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

Chris Mullins

Hi

Have you checked the installation folder and/or the internet to see if the program in question has it’s own dedicated uninstaller?  Does it have an uninstaller but it is inaccessible?

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

Thank you for your response. But I have a program that I’m not able to uninstall for some reason.

Sincerely,

Betina Vega

On Aug 17, 2021, at 5:42 AM, udit pandey <udit52805@...> wrote:

hi,

if you are using windows 10

then no need for anything

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@...> wrote:

Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

betina vega

Hi all:

The program is called web route security suite, which was included with the protection plan of my computer I bought three years ago. I did not purchase it again because it was too expensive, however, it constantly gives me alerts about how it needs to be updated, which is why I want it uninstalled. When I try to uninstall it, it gives me an edit box, which I am not able to type because it is not accessible.

On Aug 17, 2021, at 8:40 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

[...]

Here is a drop box link to the program if anyone else is interested.

Let me know once youguys get it just so I know.

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dofdxxivnp87jbf/MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab?dl=0

[...]

For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

betina vega

Hi:

Yes. I have checked the Internet, and YouTube for videos on how to install this program. But the methods given are inaccessible

[...]

that’s an illustration of the importance of giving details at the outset such as the program and the specifics of the problem.  I often see people ask how to do something without giving specifics which change the nature of the discussion once known.  It may be that the program will require sighted assistance to uninstall.  Antimalware programs make themselves difficult to uninstall because malware often tries to remove them.

Also, when it comes to antivirus programs, what I said about not worrying about uninstalling programs doesn’t apply.  antivirus programs shouldn’t be allowed to accumulate on machines.

Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 8:58 AM

On Aug 17, 2021, at 5:42 AM, udit pandey mailto:udit52805@... wrote:

hi,
if you are using windows 10
then no need for anything
On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@...> wrote:
Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

--
Signature:

tim

I use to run that a long time ago when it actually worked. I gave it up when it wouldn't quit calling jaws a virus, and then came the advertisements.

On 8/17/2021 9:58 AM, betina vega wrote:
[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

I had that program when I brought my computer back from Best Buy after having it repaired. I had trouble uninstalling it too so I called the Microsoft disability line and they helped me get rid of it.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 10:15 AM, Gene wrote:
the importance of giving details at the outset such as the program and the specifics of the problem.
-
Amen, Gene!

Most problems precisely defined are already partially solved.

         ~ Harry Lorayne, Memory Makes Money

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Jackie

Hello, Betina, and welcome on list.

Please try this:
https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=7&app=vw&vw=1&solutionid=1034

Solution obtained from:
https://www.lifewire.com/uninstall-webroot-4773653
in case you're hesitant to click a link.

On Aug 17, 2021, at 8:40 AM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

[...]

On Aug 17, 2021, at 5:42 AM, udit pandey <udit52805@gmail.com> wrote:

hi,

if you are using windows 10

then no need for anything

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 15:54, betina vega <betinavega93@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello:

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
My name is Betina, and I am a piano teacher living in the United
States.
i have a question regarding program uninstallers.
Would any of you have a recommendation for an accessible program
uninstaller?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Betina vega

--

Signature:

For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to
correct them for the betterment of all is no vice;

For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and
to cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

Jackie

The problem w/this particular program, all, is that the uninstaller
has a frickin captcha. Aint that special!

This tool is designed to nuke Webroot, but, if it doesn't work, please
be advised, Betina, that Brian Vogel, our moderator, is sighted. He
has a business helping w/problems like this and many others.
Yes--he'll charge something--& I don't know what his rates are, what I
do know is that he will not overcharge you. I'm pretty certain it will
be a simple job using NVDA remote to control your machine and remove
the bloatware. He is well familiar w/the procedures for removing such
software, so if connections cooperate, I can't see it taking too long.

I once had a problem I was gonna ask him to help me with.
Unfortunately, he was on vaycay, and I figured it out by time he
returned, but,, should the need ever arise again, I would ask him
unhesitatingly to help me. & no--I have no affiliation w/him, except
for just being a friend of his. But please understand I don't make
recommendations of this sort lightly.

It actually might be something to try before using the tool, because
the tool is rather a method of last resort. Having thus said, Mcafee
has such a tool, and I was able to use it to uninstall their software
just fine. But they were not so stupid as to have a captcha. I am a
bit concerned that if the uninstallation is botched, your computer
won't boot into normal mode, and this really creates problems for us
if we're not set up to boot into safe mode beforehand. So that's why
I'm saying, tool or no tool, you might wish to request Mr. Vogel's
help privately.

If you decide to go w/the tool, then I would suggest that you set your
computer up to boot into safe mode (with networking support)
beforehand.