accessible way of moving playlists to folders in spotify?

Orhan Deniz

Hello there,

I'm aware that drag+drop in browse mode rarely works. Has anyone however found a way to move playlists to designated folders in spotify? As a bit of a dj its important for me to have stuff filed properly and currently what I have to do is create a new playlist in the folder, copy the old playlist, then delete it. Needless to say this is cumbersome when in theory I should be able to just move them. But of course, cut+paste commands only work within playlists, not to move playlists to folders.

Best,

Orhan.

Orhan,

I mentioned the following just last night in a topic about Rearranging Task Bar Items, but since you weren't a member then, you would not have seen it.

Javi Dominguez has written an add-on for Drag and Drop, which others have said is very helpful.  And by that I mean helpful in achieving actual drag and drop regardless of the context.  It would be worth a try.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.

~ John F. Kennedy

Orhan Deniz

I shall try that then and report back.

On 23/11/2021 19:30, Brian Vogel wrote:
Orhan,

I mentioned the following just last night in a topic about Rearranging Task Bar Items, but since you weren't a member then, you would not have seen it.

Javi Dominguez has written an add-on for Drag and Drop, which others have said is very helpful.  And by that I mean helpful in achieving actual drag and drop regardless of the context.  It would be worth a try.
--

~ John F. Kennedy

Orhan,

Just FYI, this add-on is compatible with 2021.3 and, in addition, does have help/usage information packaged with it that you can access via gaining focus the add-on in Add-Ons Manager (NVDA + N, T, A, Enter) then activating the Add-On Help button.
--

~ John F. Kennedy

Orhan Deniz

It seems that when I try to mark a playlist, then drop it into the relevant folder I get a can't drop here error. I am not sure if this add on will work with spotify playlists, but I will give it more of a road-test.

On 23/11/2021 19:39, Brian Vogel wrote:
Orhan,

Just FYI, this add-on is compatible with 2021.3 and, in addition, does have help/usage information packaged with it that you can access via gaining focus the add-on in Add-Ons Manager (NVDA + N, T, A, Enter) then activating the Add-On Help button.
--

~ John F. Kennedy

With any luck someone else who uses the add-on, Spotify, or both will chime in.  I've never touched Spotify, so I'm a dead end there.
--

~ John F. Kennedy

Sarah k Alawami

Since it is electron I doubt it will work. I have not had any luck using this add on for dragging dropping  stuff, at all. Not to say it does not work, but for me it has worked maybe 1 time out of the 10 or so I’ve used it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Orhan Deniz via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 11:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible way of moving playlists to folders in spotify?

It seems that when I try to mark a playlist, then drop it into the relevant folder I get a can't drop here error. I am not sure if this add on will work with spotify playlists, but I will give it more of a road-test.

Orhan,

--

~ John F. Kennedy

Orhan Deniz

Yeah seems to have a nightmare with object navigation. At times I get an object has no location when using the review cursor and navigator to find the correct playlist.

On 23/11/2021 20:00, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Since it is electron I doubt it will work. I have not had any luck using this add on for dragging dropping  stuff, at all. Not to say it does not work, but for me it has worked maybe 1 time out of the 10 or so I’ve used it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Orhan Deniz via groups.io

Orhan,

--

~ John F. Kennedy

Gene

I only played with the attachment a little bit but I’m not sure it does anything more than the method for dragging and dropping already available in NVDA. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 2:18 PM

Yeah seems to have a nightmare with object navigation. At times I get an object has no location when using the review cursor and navigator to find the correct playlist.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io On Behalf Of Orhan Deniz via groups.io

Orhan,

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043 

~ John F. Kennedy

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

Em ter., 23 de nov. de 2021 às 17:47, Gene <gsasner@...> escreveu:

I only played with the attachment a little bit but I’m not sure it does anything more than the method for dragging and dropping already available in NVDA. 

Gene

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io On Behalf Of Orhan Deniz via groups.io

Orhan,

--

~ John F. Kennedy

Orhan Deniz

This is a blank message, did something fail to send?

On 25/11/2021 03:59, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas wrote:

Gene

Orhan,

--

~ John F. Kennedy

Gene

It isn’t empty.  I’m not sure why you don’t see the text.  It is reproduced here in the quoted message below yours. 

Gene

Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 4:32 AM

Gene

Orhan,

--

~ John F. Kennedy

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 07:44 AM, Gene wrote:
It isn’t empty.
-
Gene,

A message that contains nothing but quoted material is, for all practical intents and purposes, empty.  One generally expects some addition from the person posting.

It was an accident that a message with nothing but bottom quoted material and no new content was sent.
--

The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.

~ Vance Packard

Sarah k Alawami

I also still don’t’ see the text even after you quoted it. Just what looks to me like a German signature.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 4:44 AM

It isn’t empty.  I’m not sure why you don’t see the text.  It is reproduced here in the quoted message below yours. 

Gene

Gene

Orhan,

--

~ John F. Kennedy

Sarah k Alawami

Ah Ok, so I wasn’t going crazy, it was, in fact blank. Woops? I wstill wanted to know  what the user wanted to say though, maybe it was a very good idea.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 8:06 AM

It isn’t empty.

-
Gene,

A message that contains nothing but quoted material is, for all practical intents and purposes, empty.  One generally expects some addition from the person posting.

It was an accident that a message with nothing but bottom quoted material and no new content was sent.
--

The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his ability to express powerful meanings indirectly.

~ Vance Packard

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 11:44 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I wstill wanted to know  what the user wanted to say though, maybe it was a very good idea.
-
He elected not to repost, but I gave him a courtesy message telling him that he had posted a message sans any new content, and that I presumed that this had been done in error.
--

~ Vance Packard

Gene

There is my reply, the person’s question below, then an earlier reply by me below that.  Do you see what I’m describing? 

Gene

Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 10:42 AM

I also still don’t’ see the text even after you quoted it. Just what looks to me like a German signature.

Gene

Gene

Orhan,

--

~ John F. Kennedy

Gene

I don’t know what the person saw.  In the resent message, I didn’t see a blank area representing no new content.  I don’t know what you saw. 

Gene

Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 10:05 AM

It isn’t empty.
-
Gene,

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

~ Vance Packard

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 12:01 PM, Gene wrote:
There is my reply, the person’s question below, then an earlier reply by me below that.  Do you see what I’m describing? 
-
No, because there is nothing there in the message from member Eduardo Fermiano Luccas, which is in the group archive here:   and is the message that I presume all of us speaking about an empty message are referring to.

It has no content other than the quoted material, and one can see that when trying to copy or afterward when one pastes into something like notepad and no content is above, or below, the quoted material, which consists entirely of a quotation of your offering in message   and what you'd quoted from prior messages as part of it.
--

~ Vance Packard

Gene

Now I see the empty content.  I didn't notice it before when I was looking at the quoted messages.

Gene

On 11/27/2021 11:01 AM, Gene via groups.io wrote:

Gene
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2021 10:42 AM

Gene

Gene

Orhan,

--

~ John F. Kennedy