Topics

locked Add-on Updater 20.03 #addonrelease

Hello all,

First, as Coronavirus is gripping the world, please wash your hands, heed travel advisories, and check and double-check information floating around the internet.

Add-on Updater 20.03 is on its way – this important (and mandatory) add-on release will show up for all NVDA users within the next 24 hours. Changes include:

  • NVDA 2019.3 or later is required.
  • NVDA itself will check compatibility range, not the add-on.

As I announced a few weeks ago, with Add-on Updater 20.03, all my add-ons I’m currently maintaining have graduated to Python 3 – all my add-ons will now require NVDA 2019.3 or later. As such, once Add-on Updater 20.03 shows up, old Python 2 versions of my add-ons will be removed from community add-ons website.

Cheers,

Joseph

Mallard

Hlelo Joseph,

Many thannks.

As of tonight, the whole of Italy is locked down.

Ciao,

Ollie

On 09/03/2020 22:50, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello all,

First, as Coronavirus is gripping the world, please wash your hands, heed travel advisories, and check and double-check information floating around the internet.

Add-on Updater 20.03 is on its way – this important (and mandatory) add-on release will show up for all NVDA users within the next 24 hours. Changes include:

* NVDA 2019.3 or later is required.
* NVDA itself will check compatibility range, not the add-on.

As I announced a few weeks ago, with Add-on Updater 20.03, all my add-ons I’m currently maintaining have graduated to Python 3 – all my add-ons will now require NVDA 2019.3 or later. As such, once Add-on Updater 20.03 shows up, old Python 2 versions of my add-ons will be removed from community add-ons website.

Cheers,

Joseph

molly the blind tech lover

This coronavirus is scary.

First, as Coronavirus is gripping the world, please wash your hands, heed travel advisories, and check and double-check information floating around the internet.

Add-on Updater 20.03 is on its way – this important (and mandatory) add-on release will show up for all NVDA users within the next 24 hours. Changes include:

  • NVDA 2019.3 or later is required.
  • NVDA itself will check compatibility range, not the add-on.

As I announced a few weeks ago, with Add-on Updater 20.03, all my add-ons I’m currently maintaining have graduated to Python 3 – all my add-ons will now require NVDA 2019.3 or later. As such, once Add-on Updater 20.03 shows up, old Python 2 versions of my add-ons will be removed from community add-ons website.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sarah k Alawami

Well, being that I'm not yet updated to 19.3, still using 19.2 as the person who made winwizard compatible didn't give us a link and we have to search his twitter for it, yeah, fun times. Hopefully soon I can update as yeah I want to keep using win wizard over here.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

On 9 Mar 2020, at 15:25, Mallard wrote:

[...]

Arlene

Yes, this corna virus is scarey. If we are not careful. It can wipe out this whole world.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

First, as Coronavirus is gripping the world, please wash your hands, heed travel advisories, and check and double-check information floating around the internet.

Add-on Updater 20.03 is on its way – this important (and mandatory) add-on release will show up for all NVDA users within the next 24 hours. Changes include:

  • NVDA 2019.3 or later is required.
  • NVDA itself will check compatibility range, not the add-on.

As I announced a few weeks ago, with Add-on Updater 20.03, all my add-ons I’m currently maintaining have graduated to Python 3 – all my add-ons will now require NVDA 2019.3 or later. As such, once Add-on Updater 20.03 shows up, old Python 2 versions of my add-ons will be removed from community add-ons website.

Cheers,

Joseph

André

Well, let's not forget that most people don't die from an infection with SARS-CoV-2, the so-called @corona virus@. Although precise numbers are hard to get for statistical reasons,  even the worsed numbers give a 92% survival rate.

The biggest challenge with statistics is, that most people show only light symptoms which  is why many are not even tested and thus fall out of the statistics. Taking this into account, the real lethal rate might very likely be way be below 5% according to e.g. the Robert-Koch institute, a leading center in epidemiology. It for sure is very sad for those who do die, but it also means that 95% or more survive an infection.

So I think we are pretty far from the danger to  wipe out humanity with it.  Actually, the way we treat / or rather destroy / our environment is a much bigger real threat in this respect. But is is also slower, and hence easily to ignore for the moment.

Take care,
Martin

--
Martin Wiemer

Grabensprung 185
12683 Berlin
Germany

Tel.: +49 178 7156676

Hmmm but for now we have this chunk of problem.

Stats say 2 years, and all we can do is stay away from the hotspots.

China may be on the mend so maybe in a month or 2 we can restart the echonomy, reguardless of this virus, virus or now we will need to restart trading unless we want to drop to the stoneage.

I am sure all the greenies and weed smokers would be happy if we did but not me.

Over that there is little we can do but wait for a vaxine or it to burn out and it may but a lot is unknown.

Meanwhile travel and insurance do not go hand in hand and I may have to defer my holiday to hawaii maybe.

Its just possible that when returning from a holiday I may be in quarenteen at my house for a couple weeks and while at least I can continue to work and while we can prepair for it somewhat.

Being stuck somewhere paying a large sum of cash to stay there or stuck in the middle or stuck in some government phasility somewhere back home or in between is not what I would call a picknick at all.

My aunt is going to india for 2 weeks and while its not hit there yet who knows.

She is ill prepaired if she gets stuck back home and who knows..

I am seriously thinking about simply taking local trips and forgetting about travel completely at least for this year because of this uncertain virus.

Its causing a lot of problems, not to mention the pannic.

Right now the environment is secondary at least for the moment.

Not to mention the us and new zealand are now election years its just going to make it a lot more difficult.

I do agree this virus while a small concern is not as big as it could be right now and may not get much worse but its generating as much drama as the christchurch earthquake and terror attacks would if they happened all atonce and more.

Maybe if we added the srilankon tsunami as well, and us losing cricket and rugby in the same day and maybe one of the local volcanoes blowing up maybe that would be the right analogy.

Except the majority of us are still alive except we are expecting the zombies to rize and its just stupid.

What needs to happen, is for china to clear enough for the world to restart business, singapore has contained things and so the trade hub looks free.

China is on the way to containment, europe and the east are a concern of course but with the east fighting amongst itself it could be lost.

Europe well who knows.

No one is launching nukes at eachother yet but its coming.

We will eventually run out of stuff not just small stuff but big stuff.

No one is blaming anyone yet but they will unless things start up again and soon.

Everyone is being optomistic but some drugs are running out and while there are a lot of stockpiles of somethings we will start running out sooner or later.

Not to mention that half the country has hit a droubt and parts are flodded and we are not in good shape really without imports.

On 10/03/2020 6:16 pm, André wrote:

[...]

That's why full containment has been applied here.

Teh disease is not the most serous we know, but it 's very contageous, and our National Health Services risks collapsing if too many people get ill at the same time...

Ok. This is OT, so I won't continue. But it's a big thing at the momtnt, and it's going to affect all of us, one way or another, even if we don't get the virus.

Work, shopping, schools... Every aspect of our social life is affected...

Take care, and keep safe!

Ollie

On 10/03/2020 00:12, Arlene wrote:

[...]

As this topic has hopelessly strayed from its original purpose, it's now locked.

Any conversation regarding Covid-19 and the issues surrounding it should occur on the Chat Subgroup.

       ~ Madonna