Add-on updater/Incompatible add-ons

Chris Mullins

Hi

This is a 2-part question, the first part primarily directed to Joseph  and concerns NVDAAddon-Updater.  When this add-on runs, does it check for/apply/verify new updates to add-ons which have been flagged  as "Incompatible"  by the NVDA update process or do they have to be investigated individually by the user?

Part 2 of the question is; following the update to NVDA 2022.2 and the subsequent minor security updates, I still have the following add-ons flagged as incompatible.

AddStatusBarReading

NVDAGlobalCommandsExtension

Skype

Are these add-ons still being maintained or should I remove them from my system?

Cheers

                Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

Rui Fontes

Regarding the second question:

AddStatusBarReading

This add-on was abandoned because NVDA already can read the status bar without the need of any add-on...

NVDAGlobalCommandsExtension

You can get it from:

https://nvda.es/files/get.php?file=nvdaextensionglobalplugin

Skype

You can get a working version at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04010wcrfrgrpfz/skype.nvda-addon?dl=1

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Are these add-ons still being maintained or should I remove them from my system?

Cheers

                Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

Hi,

Regarding the first question: yes, Add-on Updater will not offer updates to add-ons considered incompatible as long as add-ons are registered on the update source you are using and the update source database records compatibility information. This is the primary reason why several members of the NVDA add-ons community are maintaining a database with compatibility information separate from NV Access's community add-ons website database as the latter does not record compatibility info (as least for now).

Cheers, Joseph

Chris Mullins

I Rui

Thanks for this update and the links.  I downloaded the ADDStatusBarReadin at a time when the NVDA command was giving inconsistent results and the addon made it work properly, so I’v stuck with it.

Cheers

                Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows