Add-On Updater - It is an NVDA Extension, at least for now

JinYoun

Hi, I was just curious, is the add-on updater for NVDA something we have to download or do add-ons get updated automatically?
Thanks

Jujube

Hi, I don't think there's such a thing as must have addons as adons are meant to customize things to your own liking, which is a really indiviual thing. I think TextNav is often quite useful for reading web content so you can skip straight to the paragraphs etc. Some people really love Golden Cursor for navigating with the mouse, ObjPad can make object nav easier but it's not critical, many use Windows App Essentials especially if you use Windows universal apps a lot, and place markers can sometimes be useful.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 9:31 AM JinYoun <healthytaeshim@...> wrote:
Hi, I was just curious, is the add-on updater for NVDA something we have to download or do add-ons get updated automatically?
Thanks

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,
Yes you have to install the add-on for that functionality.
you can get it from:
good luck.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 7:43 PM Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:
Hi, I don't think there's such a thing as must have addons as adons are meant to customize things to your own liking, which is a really indiviual thing. I think TextNav is often quite useful for reading web content so you can skip straight to the paragraphs etc. Some people really love Golden Cursor for navigating with the mouse, ObjPad can make object nav easier but it's not critical, many use Windows App Essentials especially if you use Windows universal apps a lot, and place markers can sometimes be useful.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 9:31 AM JinYoun <healthytaeshim@...> wrote:
Hi, I was just curious, is the add-on updater for NVDA something we have to download or do add-ons get updated automatically?
Thanks

Rui Fontes

And NVDA Global Commands Extension is also important for some people...

IndentNav for developers...

And so on...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:43 de 29/09/2021, Jujube escreveu:

Hi, I don't think there's such a thing as must have addons as adons are meant to customize things to your own liking, which is a really indiviual thing. I think TextNav is often quite useful for reading web content so you can skip straight to the paragraphs etc. Some people really love Golden Cursor for navigating with the mouse, ObjPad can make object nav easier but it's not critical, many use Windows App Essentials especially if you use Windows universal apps a lot, and place markers can sometimes be useful.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 9:31 AM JinYoun <healthytaeshim@...> wrote:
Hi, I was just curious, is the add-on updater for NVDA something we have to download or do add-ons get updated automatically?
Thanks

JinYoun

Wow, thank you very much for these helpful tips.
Much appreciate it. I'm not very tech savvy and still learning much about using NVDA.
Cheers