addon updater 22.01

farhan israk

i am using windows 10 21h2, nvda 2021.3.1 and addon updater 22.01. I am not able to check update. If I try to check update, it shows error updating addon. Only this message. No error code or edditional  message.

I think something's wrong "out there in the cloud."

I just tried the same thing with Add-On Updater Version 21.09, and got the same error.  After removing that version of the add-on, I cannot download the latest version, which is 22.01.  I am getting a "502 Bad Gateway" error when attempting to fetch the latest Add-On Updater from:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=nvda3208

I'm going to send a quick email message to the folks at NVAccess.  I'd just wait a while and try later.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

By the way, even trying to get to NVAccess.org is currently giving a 502.

This will almost certainly be resolved later in the day.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Brian Sackrider

    I think that there is somthing wrong in the cloud also.  When I check for add on updates and also if I check for updates in the help menu iI get the same error message.  Error checking for updates.  It seems to be efecting both add on updates and nvda updates as well.

Briansackrider

On 1/20/2022 12:58 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I think something's wrong "out there in the cloud."

I just tried the same thing with Add-On Updater Version 21.09, and got the same error.  After removing that version of the add-on, I cannot download the latest version, which is 22.01.  I am getting a "502 Bad Gateway" error when attempting to fetch the latest Add-On Updater from:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=nvda3208

I'm going to send a quick email message to the folks at NVAccess.  I'd just wait a while and try later.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Hi,

Yep, I'm getting bad gateway (HTTP error 502) also.

For people needing it, the direct download link for Add-on Updater 22.01 is: https://github.com/josephsl/addonUpdater/releases/download/22.01/addonUpdater-22.01.nvda-addon

Cheers,

Joseph

Curtis Delzer

I receive the same "error" and then some about "instruction . . ."

--
Curtis Delzer
H.S.

Hi all,

Things should be back to normal.

Cheers,

Joseph

Thanks for the update on things now being back to normal, Joseph.

There are "burps" on occasion in cyberspace.

       ~ Konrad Lorenz (1903-1989)

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I just checked for add-on updates with Add-on updater 2022.01 and NVDA 2021.3.1, and got the message "No add-on updates available".  There was no error message.

Louise

Hi,

At least this confirms that things are back to normal - no add-on updates message is perfectly normal if there aren't any updates.

Cheers,

Joseph

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

I don't know if this is helpful, but I'm using NVDA 2021.3.1 and add-on updater version 22.01, and I'm not getting any errors