Addons for Nvda

Jarek.Krcmar

Hello group,

I have today downloaded and installed the version of Nvda 2022.1, and I need some addons.

I have in Nvda these addons, uncompatible: Clipspeak, Esperanto symbols, Vlc media player.

I would like to know, whether they will be available.

Sincerely:

--
Jarek

Rui Fontes

Hello!

ClipSpeak is already updated on the add-ons page.. and in the spanish page of add-ons.

Esperanto symbols I don't know...

For VLC the spanish repository already have one add-on 2022.1 compatible, made by Paul Ber, and it is abailable at:

https://nvda.es/files/get.php?file=vlcaccessenhancement

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Rui Fontes

Às 20:39 de 23/05/2022, Jarek.Krcmar escreveu:

Hello group,

I have today downloaded and installed the version of Nvda 2022.1, and I need some addons.

I have in Nvda these addons, uncompatible: Clipspeak, Esperanto symbols, Vlc media player.

I would like to know, whether they will be available.

Sincerely:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

By now, we should all "know this is coming" when NVDA has a backward compatibility breaking release.  And, so far the convention for these seems to be the dot one release for a given major release number (the year of release).

From Joseph Lee, in regard to checking the current Add-On compatibility with current NVDA Release status:  As always, keep track of compatibility status of your favorite add-ons from the following link: Add-ons and backwards incompatible NVDA releases (nvda-project.org)

Download Sources for Most Add-Ons (some home-grown ones will appear in neither location):

NVDA Add-Ons Directory (hosted by the Spanish-Speaking NVDA Community Association)

NVDA Community Add-Ons Site

There will be occasions where, if no one is maintaining a given add-on, it may never become compatible with the latest NVDA release.  Add-On developers are those who maintain add-on code, not NVAccess, so if someone walks away from maintaining an add-on, and that role is not picked up by someone else, the add-on dies.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Rui,

thank you for the link to download Vlc. But I have a problem: I can't select a volume, the keyboard doesn't work.

 I can't press even the key Pause.

Could you give me a claryfication, please?

Jarek

Dne 23.05.2022 v 21:47 Rui Fontes napsal(a):

[...]

Nop, I don't know the add-on and I don't use VLC...

There is nothing in the help file?

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.