Topics

Admin's Note, Please Read #adminnotice

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

In the last in-process blog post by NVAccess, they linked to the NVAccess Code of Conduct. For reference, that link is https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.MD

Moving forward, in addition to the existing list policy, this code of conduct will also apply to anyone wishing to participate in this community.

I will be asking Brian to update the list rules with content from the NVAccess Code of Conduct. If you have a grievance against an individual whom you believe to have violated the code of conduct as a result of an interaction resulting from membership on this list, please email us at nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io and we will investigate, and address it promptly and confidentially. Please note that the code of conduct will apply to this list and all subgroups as well.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!

The group Welcome and Monthly Reminder messages have been update to include the following very near to the beginning of each:

In addition to the NVDA Group Specific rules which follow, all members are expected to adhere to the NVAccess Citizen and Contributor Code of Conduct.  This is for the main NVDA Group and all subgroups.  If you have a grievance against an individual whom you believe to have violated the code of conduct during any interaction on this group, please e-mail us at nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io and the issue will be investigated and addressed promptly and confidentially. 

---------------
Not that I think we're going to have any issues related to this, but I will re-emphasize the "during any interaction on this group" aspect.  If it's in public, or even in private but directly linked to a private response to a message on the group, that's within group administration's purview to handle.  If it's got its origin outside that scope, it's not.

And the kinds of disagreements that are characteristic of adults in general, and that could occasionally occur in "polite company" in real life, do not fall under the Code of Conduct.  It needs to be serious before administrative intervention is called for.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

It’s hard waking up and realizing it’s not always black and white.

~ Kelley Boorn