locked Admin's Note: Re: [nvda] Updated Firefox to version 89, can no longer use w/NVDA #adminnotice

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

I am requesting that this topic come to a close immediately, and will be locking the thread. The reasons are as follows:
  1. There have been over 70 messages to this thread, and very early on, it was established that the issues are not related to NVDA. This in itself makes this thread off-topic.
  2. This issue so far is only impacting two users so far as I can tell, and this could be for any number of reasons, also not related to NVDA.
  3. Discussing what we like and don't like about a program or application is off-topic and not related to NVDA unless we are discussing something NVDA-specific which impacts the use of an application.
  4. 70 messages on any thread seems excessive to me, and while there isn't a rule in place about the number of messages permitted in a thread, we aren't advancing any further at this point. A bug has been filed with Mozilla, the issue is not related to NVDA, end of story.

If you have any questions, or if you'd like to discuss further, please send an email to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io

Best,

Nimer Jaber, List Owner

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 3:36 PM Dave Grossoehme <dave@...> wrote:

Good Afternoon:  This change makes it easier for the general user.  Considering most applications are controlled by a settings label, not options label.  You look in Windows, a cell phone or many other applications you will see the word settings, not options.  It's more understandable to the general public.

Dave

On 6/2/2021 12:52 PM, JM Casey wrote:

The setting is part of the general section, so it should be reachable without any extra steps.

I agree that these changes sometimes seem unnecessarily, but to be fair: Firefox has now been like this for quite a long time, at least since the advent of Quantum, and it reflects the way a lot of things look on mobile devices – and as everything is going multiplatform, this is just what we are seeing across the board nowadays. Once you get the hang of it, it’s not too inconvenient. The sections of various headings you see are controlled by a list box, and you just pick the category in the list box you want, and the headings with options will appear.