From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Stephen Thacker
Sent: October 31, 2021 3:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] ADON HELP PLEASE

Evening, I often get mixed up between for instance b and d. How do I install the addon which will phonetically tell me whether the letter is for instance, B for Bravo or D for Deta? Thanks for any help, Cheers, Steve T

Sent from Mail for Windows

Chris

Evening, I often get mixed up between for instance b and d. How do I install the addon which will phonetically tell me whether the letter is for instance, B for Bravo or D for Deta? Thanks for any help, Cheers, Steve T

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sarah k Alawami

That actually does not work for me as my review curser is not where my cursor let’s say in word is or in brave. I’m too used to mac os where I have all cursers following each other, mouse, editing, etc.

When I am on a letter I am not sure of, I press the 2 on the numpad twice, quickly.  So if I am on the letter b and press                                  numpad 2 twice quickly, nvda will say bravo.

Evening, I often get mixed up between for instance b and d. How do I install the addon which will phonetically tell me whether the letter is for instance, B for Bravo or D for Deta? Thanks for any help, Cheers, Steve T

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

Using object navigation and using the default setting of the object navigator following your position, it does work.

Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2021 5:05 PM

That actually does not work for me as my review curser is not where my cursor let’s say in word is or in brave. I’m too used to mac os where I have all cursers following each other, mouse, editing, etc.

When I am on a letter I am not sure of, I press the 2 on the numpad twice, quickly.  So if I am on the letter b and press                                  numpad 2 twice quickly, nvda will say bravo.

Evening, I often get mixed up between for instance b and d. How do I install the addon which will phonetically tell me whether the letter is for instance, B for Bravo or D for Deta? Thanks for any help, Cheers, Steve T

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

Playing arouhnd with this further, when in browse mode, this may not always work.  I haven’t played with this much, but it appears that at times, the object navigator position doesn’t always track the browse mode virtual cursor properly.  I haven’t played with this enough to know how often that happens and if it varies on different web pages.

Using object navigation and using the default setting of the object navigator following your position, it does work.

Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2021 5:05 PM

That actually does not work for me as my review curser is not where my cursor let’s say in word is or in brave. I’m too used to mac os where I have all cursers following each other, mouse, editing, etc.

When I am on a letter I am not sure of, I press the 2 on the numpad twice, quickly.  So if I am on the letter b and press                                  numpad 2 twice quickly, nvda will say bravo.

Evening, I often get mixed up between for instance b and d. How do I install the addon which will phonetically tell me whether the letter is for instance, B for Bravo or D for Deta? Thanks for any help, Cheers, Steve T

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

I think it usually works in browse mode but not always.

Gebne

Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2021 5:05 PM

That actually does not work for me as my review curser is not where my cursor let’s say in word is or in brave. I’m too used to mac os where I have all cursers following each other, mouse, editing, etc.

When I am on a letter I am not sure of, I press the 2 on the numpad twice, quickly.  So if I am on the letter b and press                                  numpad 2 twice quickly, nvda will say bravo.

Evening, I often get mixed up between for instance b and d. How do I install the addon which will phonetically tell me whether the letter is for instance, B for Bravo or D for Deta? Thanks for any help, Cheers, Steve T

Sent from Mail for Windows

Chris Mullins

Hi

Use NVDA+NumRow 6 to switch on ”Caret moves review cursor”.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

That actually does not work for me as my review curser is not where my cursor let’s say in word is or in brave. I’m too used to mac os where I have all cursers following each other, mouse, editing, etc.

When I am on a letter I am not sure of, I press the 2 on the numpad twice, quickly.  So if I am on the letter b and press                                  numpad 2 twice quickly, nvda will say bravo.

Evening, I often get mixed up between for instance b and d. How do I install the addon which will phonetically tell me whether the letter is for instance, B for Bravo or D for Deta? Thanks for any help, Cheers, Steve T

Sent from Mail for Windows

Gene

This should be renamed.  When in screen review mode, the review cursor doesn’t move.  It maintains its place, as it should.  It is in object navigation that the navigator moves with the caret.  Exactly what this should be called, I’m not sure but it is not an accurate description as presently stated.  It causes confusion and implies that the user should be in review to see the change.