From: Pete
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2016 10:24 AM
Subject: [nvda] and thunderbird spell check

   Hi

   Just today insert + b says unknown when I try to use it to read the
dialog in the spell check in Thunderbird.
   Any ideas?
   It worked before today no new apps or applications were installed
since yesterday.
   Pete

Pete <emac00@...>

Hi
O K insert + B reads the window now.
This is with no reboot and no restart of nvda.
Pete

On 3/27/2016 11:24 AM, Pete wrote:

Hi

Just today insert + b says unknown when I try to use it to read the dialog in the spell check in Thunderbird.
Any ideas?
It worked before today no new apps or applications were installed since yesterday.
Pete

Pete <emac00@...>

  Hi  Gene
  Thunderbird did not update itself.
  Insert + b is working now.  This is with no reboot of windows and no restart of nvda and so on.
  Pete

On 3/27/2016 1:43 PM, Gene wrote:
Thunderbird may have updated again.  As I've said before, if someone is just using Thunderbird as an e-mail program and isn't using other features, finding a version that works as desired and then telling it not to update will save considerable trouble over time.  There is no reason to update a program you use only for e-mail.

Gene

   Just today insert + b says unknown when I try to use it to read the
dialog in the spell check in Thunderbird.
   Any ideas?
   It worked before today no new apps or applications were installed
since yesterday.
   Pete

Pete <emac00@...>

A second issue in Thunderbird is:
back space when editing a reply to message is not announcing the characters while back spacing.
This happens intermittently not sure why it happens.