Topics

Animated Slide behavior in Power Point

Rick

I created a Power Point presentation with some slide animations, where all content is not shown when a slide is first presented, but upon subsequent presses of the Page down button, more content is added to the slide.

NVDA seems to speak the entire slide content when the slide is first presented and is silent while remaining content is added at each press of the Page Down key. Is there a way to have NVDA speak only the shown matter when the slide is presented and then speak only the added content at each press of the Page Down key?

Thanks, Rick

Quentin Christensen

Hi Rick,

And as yet, we haven't implemented a fix for it. We're aware it is one of the more annoying bugs with PowerPoint.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!

Sile

Hello Rick, have you tried pressing space instead of page down? That usually speaks the bullets as they’re revealed for me.

Sile

On Jun 6, 2019, at 3:27 AM, Rick <softwarethatworks@...> wrote:

I created a Power Point presentation with some slide animations, where all content is not shown when a slide is first presented, but upon subsequent presses of the Page down button, more content is added to the slide.

NVDA seems to speak the entire slide content when the slide is first presented and is silent while remaining content is added at each press of the Page Down key. Is there a way to have NVDA speak only the shown matter when the slide is presented and then speak only the added content at each press of the Page Down key?

Thanks, Rick

Sile

Scratch that, I just tried it, and nvda doesn’t seem to be Reading bullets line by line anymore.

Sile