Topics

Announce numbers as a single digit

Ramesh Patil

Hey guys,

How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is available or any setting change required

I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find now. It is added to nvda setting?

hi.
as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
the final version.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Ramesh Patil

So what is the option available now?

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:32 PM zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
the final version.

On 3/16/20, Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is
> available or any setting change required
>
> I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find
> now. It is added to nvda setting?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

David Griffith

I know some people are dissatisfied with this and want a permanent option but remember that NVDA has always had the option to announce any number in single digit  by simply pressing the numpad key 5 twice.

I am not sure what the laptop equivalent is.

David Griffith

as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
the final version.

On 3/16/20, Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is
> available or any setting change required
>
> I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find
> now. It is added to nvda setting?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Rui Fontes

Hello!

You can use this add-on:

https://www.tiflotecnia.net/numberProcessing.nvda-addon https://www.tiflotecnia.net/numberProcessing.nvda-addon

Here is the relevant content of manifest.ini:

name = numberProcessing
summary = "Digits Reader"
description = """A new way to read digits"""
author = "Roberto Buffolino"
minimumNVDAVersion = 2019.2.0
lastTestedNVDAVersion = 2019.3.0

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 11:04 de 16/03/2020, Ramesh Patil escreveu:

So what is the option available now?

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:32 PM zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
the final version.

On 3/16/20, Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is
> available or any setting change required
>
> I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find
> now. It is added to nvda setting?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Chris

The only one I kno of is the number processing add-on, maybe that one is what you looking for?

https://github.com/ABuffEr/numberProcessing

How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is available or any setting change required

I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find now. It is added to nvda setting?

Gerardo Corripio

Thanks for sharing! I never knew such an AddOn was available!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 16 mar 2020, a la(s) 5:52 a.m., Chris via Groups.Io <chrismedley@...> escribió:

The only one I kno of is the number processing add-on, maybe that one is what you looking for?

https://github.com/ABuffEr/numberProcessing

How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is available or any setting change required

I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find now. It is added to nvda setting?

Cordelia Scharpf

This is indeed a useful add-on. How come some of those useful add-ons are not cross-listed on NVDA’s own website? It would expedite  locating add-ons.

Cordelia

Here is the relevant content of manifest.ini:

name = numberProcessing
summary = "Digits Reader"
description = """A new way to read digits"""
author = "Roberto Buffolino"
minimumNVDAVersion = 2019.2.0
lastTestedNVDAVersion = 2019.3.0

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 11:04 de 16/03/2020, Ramesh Patil escreveu:

So what is the option available now?

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:32 PM zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:

hi.
as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
the final version.

On 3/16/20, Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is
> available or any setting change required
>
> I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find
> now. It is added to nvda setting?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Hi,

Usually an author of these add-ons asks add-ons website maintainer about hosting their add-ons. In order to do so, it must first go through a basic review such as making sure it is licensed properly among other things.

Cheers,

Joseph

This is indeed a useful add-on. How come some of those useful add-ons are not cross-listed on NVDA’s own website? It would expedite  locating add-ons.

Cordelia

Here is the relevant content of manifest.ini:

name = numberProcessing
summary = "Digits Reader"
description = """A new way to read digits"""
author = "Roberto Buffolino"
minimumNVDAVersion = 2019.2.0
lastTestedNVDAVersion = 2019.3.0

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 11:04 de 16/03/2020, Ramesh Patil escreveu:

So what is the option available now?

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020, 3:32 PM zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:

hi.
as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
the final version.

On 3/16/20, Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is
> available or any setting change required
>
> I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find
> now. It is added to nvda setting?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Kevin Cussick

Hi, there is an addon that will do this.

On 16/03/2020 10:02, zahra wrote:
hi.
as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
the final version.
On 3/16/20, Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...> wrote:
Hey guys,

How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is
available or any setting change required

I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find
now. It is added to nvda setting?

Ramesh Patil

Hey, number processing addon works well. Thanks all of you

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020, 2:52 AM Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,   there is an addon that will do this.

On 16/03/2020 10:02, zahra wrote:
> hi.
> as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
> it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
> the final version.
>
> On 3/16/20, Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is
>> available or any setting change required
>>
>> I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find
>> now. It is added to nvda setting?

abdul muhamin

Hi, where can I get the addon

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Às 22:04 de 18/03/2020, abdul muhamin escreveu:

Hi, where can I get the addon

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hey, number processing addon works well. Thanks all of you

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020, 2:52 AM Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,   there is an addon that will do this.

On 16/03/2020 10:02, zahra wrote:
> hi.
> as i studied user guide and nvda github issues, its not in nvda settings.
> it was intended for 2017.4, but its not included in nvda settings in
> the final version.
>
> On 3/16/20, Ramesh Patil <ramesh.patil1989@...> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> How to announce number more than 4 digit as a single digit. Any addon is
>> available or any setting change required
>>
>> I remember one addon is available few years back. But i am unable to find
>> now. It is added to nvda setting?

abdul muhamin

Thanks a lot