Announcement of text-entry insert/overwrite state change?

Jacob Kruger

Not sure if am just missing something, or if this is just the first time have noticed this, or something, but, if I double-press one of the insert keys to toggle change between text-entry insert, or overwrite modes, NVDA doesn't seem to be announcing the state change, or the then resulting state to me?

As in, should it be doing so, and is it thus likely one of the add-ons might be interfering with this announcement, or something?

Still running 2021.3.5, for now, but, don't think that's relevant on this windows 10 64 bit 21H2 machine?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

It doesn't announce it.  You must press the key twice quickly to change its state when using NVDA.

Gene

On 5/27/2022 3:19 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Not sure if am just missing something, or if this is just the first time have noticed this, or something, but, if I double-press one of the insert keys to toggle change between text-entry insert, or overwrite modes, NVDA doesn't seem to be announcing the state change, or the then resulting state to me?

As in, should it be doing so, and is it thus likely one of the add-ons might be interfering with this announcement, or something?

Still running 2021.3.5, for now, but, don't think that's relevant on this windows 10 64 bit 21H2 machine?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

Jacob Kruger

Ok, so, it's just that never noticed lack of state change announcement before.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA

On 2022-05-27 12:57 PM, Gene wrote:
It doesn't announce it.  You must press the key twice quickly to change its state when using NVDA.

Gene

On 5/27/2022 3:19 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Not sure if am just missing something, or if this is just the first time have noticed this, or something, but, if I double-press one of the insert keys to toggle change between text-entry insert, or overwrite modes, NVDA doesn't seem to be announcing the state change, or the then resulting state to me?

As in, should it be doing so, and is it thus likely one of the add-ons might be interfering with this announcement, or something?

Still running 2021.3.5, for now, but, don't think that's relevant on this windows 10 64 bit 21H2 machine?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

Luke Davis

Jacob Kruger wrote:

if I double-press one of the insert keys to toggle change between text-entry insert, or overwrite modes, NVDA doesn't seem to be announcing the state change, or the then resulting state to me?
What program? Not all of them support this, so I don't think it is announced.