announcing time in nvda

dennis huckle

I have a list of programs on radio 4 extra kindly sent to me.

When going through the list in notepad using nvda rather than jaws, If I get to a time sush as 18:00 nvda announces 18 o’clock.

Is this normal or can I adjust a setting to announce the time rather than o’clock.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Chris Mullins

Hi Dennis

I suspect this may be a function of the synthesizer you are using rather than NVDA.  I have tried it with 4 different synthesizers and all announce 18:00.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

I have a list of programs on radio 4 extra kindly sent to me.

When going through the list in notepad using nvda rather than jaws, If I get to a time sush as 18:00 nvda announces 18 o’clock.

Is this normal or can I adjust a setting to announce the time rather than o’clock.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

Hello Chris,

I suspect you are correct.

This doesn’t happen with jaws so I may consider purchasing code factory equlonce but as this is a minor inconvenience I may just keep with George.

Just exploring really.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

I have a list of programs on radio 4 extra kindly sent to me.

When going through the list in notepad using nvda rather than jaws, If I get to a time sush as 18:00 nvda announces 18 o’clock.

Is this normal or can I adjust a setting to announce the time rather than o’clock.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Sascha Cowley

Dennis,
You have already asked this question in this group, and received a suggested solution from me, that was further expanded upon by Brian. If this solution is unsatisfactory for whatever reason, please kindly explain why.
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/84470300

dennis huckle

Hello list,

I know I put a message on list some time ago regarding this.

However I mislaid the replys I received.

I was totally satisfied with them and always look forward to suggestions from this list.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

I have a list of programs on radio 4 extra kindly sent to me.

When going through the list in notepad using nvda rather than jaws, If I get to a time sush as 18:00 nvda announces 18 o’clock.

Is this normal or can I adjust a setting to announce the time rather than o’clock.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

Thank you,

Thanks for letting me see my previous thread which I mislaid.

More than satisfied with the help this list gives me.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.