locked Another WordPad question

Karl Smith

All this talk about WordPad caused me to put it on my desktop so I can use it for short things. My question is, how can I set it to automatically put documents I save into a specific folder? No matter what I do it seems to save them in my One drive documents folder. I want to change that. Thanks.

Karl

------------------------------

Karl Smith
Access Technology Consultant
4304 South El Camino St.
Taylorsville, Utah 84129

Phone:                 866-824-7885
Fax:                        866-824-7885
E-mail:                  karl@...
Alternate E-Mail:              karl.axistech@...

Karl,

I will take responsibility, as group moderator, for starting a procession "down the wrong path" for the group by answering the prior desktop shortcut for WordPad topic here on the NVDA group.  That question was not at all NVDA related, but Windows-related regardless of program, and yours is not NVDA-related, but WordPad related.

I have tried, and largely succeeded (with occasional lapses), to drive all non-NVDA-centric traffic to our Chat Subgroup, where the vast majority of messages are not actually "chatty," but asking questions about specific programs just as you have.

I am locking this topic, and strictly because I want to keep the main group NVDA focused.  Yours is an excellent question, but one that should either be posed on our Chat Subgroup, or on the Windows Access for Screen Reader Users Group.  Subscription information for both follows.

NVDA Chat Subgroup Archive:  https://nvda.groups.io/g/chat/topics

NVDA Chat Subgroup Addresses

To join:  chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

To post:  chat@nvda.groups.io

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:  chat+help@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  chat+nomail@nvda.groups.io

This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the addresses below to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group messages individually:  chat+single@nvda.groups.io

This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digest:  chat+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  chat+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  chat+summary@nvda.groups.io

To receive only special messages:  chat+special@nvda.groups.io

To contact the group owner(s):  chat+owner@nvda.groups.io

Windows Access with Screen Readers Group (Formerly: Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Group)

Group Archive:  https://winaccess.groups.io/g/winaccess/topics

Subscribe: winaccess+subscribe@winaccess.groups.io

Post: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io

Group Owner: winaccess+owner@winaccess.groups.io