Topics

Any NVDA users using inbox.google.com

Kevin Chao

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and smart links.

Ben J. Bloomgren

I’m a mail client guy, but I’ll check it out. I like the flexibility of email clients, and I have tended to look down on webmail. I’ll check Inbox out though.

Thanks,

Ben

On Mar 22, 2016, at 7:39 PM, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and smart links.

Felix G.

Hello list,
I also use Inbox, as I find it corresponds with how I think about email, more like a living to-do list than electronic letters.
Kind regards,
Felix

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 at 07:24 Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
I’m a mail client guy, but I’ll check it out. I like the flexibility of email clients, and I have tended to look down on webmail. I’ll check Inbox out though.

Thanks,

Ben

On Mar 22, 2016, at 7:39 PM, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and smart links.

Armando <braille.bt4753@...>

No. I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client. I don't use inbox.google.com/.

On 3/24/2016 5:17 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello list,
I also use Inbox, as I find it corresponds with how I think about email, more like a living to-do list than electronic letters.
Kind regards,
Felix

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 at 07:24 Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
I’m a mail client guy, but I’ll check it out. I like the flexibility of email clients, and I have tended to look down on webmail. I’ll check Inbox out though.

Thanks,

Ben

On Mar 22, 2016, at 7:39 PM, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and smart links.

I am not sure what inbox in this context is. If you mean webmail standard interface, then only under extreme conditions, as its not very easy to work fast in my view, and seems to be a bit peculiar in the sort of default send formats it uses.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

<mailto:bbloomgren@...>> wrote:

I’m a mail client guy, but I’ll check it out. I like the
flexibility of email clients, and I have tended to look down on
webmail. I’ll check Inbox out though.

Thanks,

Ben

On Mar 22, 2016, at 7:39 PM, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...
<mailto:kevinchao89@...>> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>
with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com
<http://inbox.google.com/> .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and
smart links.

Ben J. Bloomgren

Brian, Felix and all,

Does this Inbox make use of standard and basic HTML views?

Ben

On Mar 24, 2016, at 10:06, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:

I am not sure what inbox in this context is. If you mean webmail standard interface, then only under extreme conditions, as its not very easy to work fast in my view, and seems to be a bit peculiar in the sort of default send formats it uses.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Armando" <braille.bt4753@...>

<mailto:kevinchao89@...>> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>
with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com
<http://inbox.google.com/> .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and
smart links.

Kevin Chao

Inbox by Gmail only has one view that is accessible with NVDA+Firefox. The keyboard shortcuts, bundles, smart links/replies, etc. make it delightful and efficient

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 3:30 PM Ben J. Bloomgren <bbloomgren@...> wrote:
Brian, Felix and all,

Does this Inbox make use of standard and basic HTML views?

Ben

> On Mar 24, 2016, at 10:06, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
>
> I am not sure what inbox in this context is. If you mean webmail standard interface, then only under extreme conditions, as its not very easy to work fast in my view, and seems to be a bit peculiar in the sort of default send formats it uses.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Armando" <braille.bt4753@...>

I asked this, but I'm still not sure what he is describing either.

<mailto:kevinchao89@...>> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>
with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com
<http://inbox.google.com/> .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and
smart links.

Glad you feel that way. I guess its what you want it to be.
I still find any offline client much better as it cannot cchange at the whim of the web site maker.

<mailto:kevinchao89@...>> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>
with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com
<http://inbox.google.com/> .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and
smart links.

I agree inn theory as long as your client supports ssl or tls andd most of them if not all do it shouldn't matter.
I can remember when you had to buy ssl support and manualy email people that banned me from various sites and groups because I was blacklisted as a spammer.
I did ask if ssl was supported though this was when it was new, they didn't, yahoogroups was one such system.
They all support it now thank god but older clients that don't get updates to certifficates may have issues accessing things.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Chao" <kevinchao89@...>

<mailto:kevinchao89@...>> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>
with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com
<http://inbox.google.com/> .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and
smart links.

Kevin Chao

Meet your new inbox.

Built on everything we learned from Gmail, Inbox is a fresh start that goes beyond email to help you get back to what matters.

https://www.google.com/inbox/

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 10:30 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
I agree inn theory as long as your client supports ssl or tls andd most
of them if not all do it shouldn't matter.
I can remember when you had to buy ssl support and manualy email people
that banned me from various sites and groups because I was blacklisted
as a spammer.
I did ask if ssl was supported though this was when it was new, they
didn't, yahoogroups was one such system.
They all support it now thank god but older clients that don't get
updates to certifficates may have issues accessing things.

> Glad you feel that way. I guess its what you want it to be.
> I still find any offline client much better as it cannot cchange at the
> whim of the web site maker.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Chao" <kevinchao89@...>

I havn't really liked it unless I am not doing it right I can see the list and descriptions but hmmm.
I like the old style google interface and thunderbird.

<mailto:kevinchao89@...>> wrote:

For the longest, I've been using gmail.com <http://gmail.com/>
with Firefox+NVDA, but recently switched to inbox.google.com
<http://inbox.google.com/> .
Was curious to know if others have tried Inbox or are using it?
I really like the bundles, pinning, snoozing, smart-replies, and
smart links.

Pete <emac00@...>

  This google inbox only works with google rite?
  Main stream clients should be are focus rather than proprietary e-mail solutions.