Topics

Any way to decrease NVDA sounds except the voice?

Cleverson Casarin Uliana

Hi, I'd like the progress beeps and the focus mode sounds to sound lower. The voice is already at 100%, so raising the voice volume and lowering the general system volume is not an option unfortunately. Any suggestion please?

thanks,
Cleverson

Daniel Damacena

You need to edit the sounds themselves.

Go to

c:\program files (x86)\nvda\waves

There you'll find the sounds.

I usually edit them with audacity.

After you replace the sounds with the new ones, you restart the screen reader.

Em 17/08/2020 11:41, Cleverson Casarin Uliana escreveu:

Hi, I'd like the progress beeps and the focus mode sounds to sound lower. The voice is already at 100%, so raising the voice volume and lowering the general system volume is not an option unfortunately. Any suggestion please?

thanks,
Cleverson

Luke Davis

A very long outstanding issue for which no easy solution has ever been developed that I know of.

Luke

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020, Cleverson Casarin Uliana wrote:

Hi, I'd like the progress beeps and the focus mode sounds to sound lower. The voice is already at 100%, so raising the voice volume and lowering the general system volume is not an option unfortunately. Any suggestion please?

CARLOS-ESTEBAN

Hello.

Yes, is the option for the sounds of focus and browse mode. But the beeps in the progress bar is a beep that NVDA play with a script, don’t is a sound file.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.
Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios con discapacidad visual con el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Musician (pianist) and also help to the blind people in the use of screen readers and technology.
Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

certification.nvaccess.org