From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: November 22, 2021 9:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] anyone noticed this

Hi.

Well

Just got the latest windows build

21.2 19.441387 build released today.

This had the windows installer fix.

I have however noticed a small issue which isn't an issue as such

because I can get round it easy enough.

Its just when I select the first item in the start menu ie hitting down

arrow from search I get all apps, then you get the programs starting

with punctuation like & or *, etc well that group does not read but the

items in it do and can be executed.

When colapsing a group it seems I get jumpped back to the top of the

list as well.

Again not a real big huge issue since I mostly search anyway but just

wandered if anyone has noticed.

I have not had any other issues in fact things seem a bit more stable,

but we will see what happens after I do some more shell work.

This is windows 10 I thought I put 10 in the message somewhere.

On 23/11/2021 7:22 pm, Arlene wrote:

Hi, Is this windows ten or 11?

Sent from Mail for Windows

I have however noticed a small issue which isn't an issue as such

because I can get round it easy enough.

Its just when I select the first item in the start menu ie hitting down

arrow from search I get all apps, then you get the programs starting

with punctuation like & or *, etc well that group does not read but the

items in it do and can be executed.

When colapsing a group it seems I get jumpped back to the top of the

list as well.

Again not a real big huge issue since I mostly search anyway but just

wandered if anyone has noticed.

I have not had any other issues in fact things seem a bit more stable,

but we will see what happens after I do some more shell work.

Quentin Christensen

I just had a look on mine - Windows 10 (64-bit) Version: 21H2 (2009), Build: 19044.1348 and collapsing items on the start menu leaves the focus on the collapsed item, as expected.

With the symbol grouping - could it be your punctuation level?  Mine is called "#" and that does read as "Number grouping" at some, most and all, but if you have your punctuation level set to "none" it just reads "Grouping".

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Hmmm yeahh it worked after another restart.

Sometimes after updating some sounds and stuff don't work till I reboot a second time.