Attaching speech dictionaries to profiles

Jonathan Milam

Hi All,

I wanted to confirm that it is still not possible to attach speech dictionaries to profiles in NVDA.  This would be extremely helpful in situations where one might want to eliminate words being spoken in specific applications that are redundant and not necessarily needed to be heard. I know there was an add-on written in 2020 to make this happen, but it is no longer compatible with current versions of NVDA..

Thanks,
Jonathan

The Application Dictionary add-on is listed as compatible with NVDA 2019.3 and later.

If you're getting issues with installing under 2022.1, I'd reach out to Rui Fontes about this.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Jonathan Milam

Thanks, Brian. I'll check with Rui, as the keyboard shortcut is not working, though it does install successfully..

Jonathan

On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 10:21 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
The Application Dictionary add-on is listed as compatible with NVDA 2019.3 and later.

If you're getting issues with installing under 2022.1, I'd reach out to Rui Fontes about this.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Jonathan,

Make sure something hasn't gone wonky in the input gestures definitions.

The default add-on shortcut can be changed through NVDA's input gestures dialog: under configuration node, expand the node that says "Shows the application-specific dictionary dialog".

        ~ Dorothy Nevill

Jonathan Milam

Thanks, Brian. I actually found the setting and had to change the shortcut to get it to work.

Jonathan