Topics

Audacity with NVDA

Bernd Dorer

Hi all,

some time ago there were 2 nvda addons for audacity. Does someone know whether one of them has been updated for NVDA 2019.3 and if not, where could I find them and if it's possible, what are the differences of them?

Thanks and best regards

Bernd

There is an extended discussion of these two add-ons in the NVDA Add-Ons group, dating from late 2018:  https://nvda-addons.groups.io/g/nvda-addons/topic/8024657
This discussion gets highly technical since that venue is actually for developers, not end users.

Based on the Github entry for the one by Paul Bering, AudacityNVDAAddon, it has not been updated since January 2018, so would not be compatible with NVDA 2019.3 (or most likely wouldn't).  I don't see any mention of Python 3.

The other, by Robert Hänggi, AudacityTwoTwoPlus, has a last commit date two months later, in March 2018, and mention of some Python 3 work is mentioned in the previously noted topic in the NVDA Add-Ons group.  But b.ased on the last commit date, it's also not likely to be compatible with NVDA 2019.3.

If you have a GitHub account you could open an issue for either one, or both, of these pieces of software are still being worked on and whether updates for compatibility with NVDA 2019.3 are in the works.

Neither appears to be "officially vetted" for inclusion on what I call the official NVDA Add-Ons page:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html

       ~ Madonna

By the way, there are a number of tutorials, including from the Audacity Team itself, on working with Audacity with screen readers.

Accessibility - Audacity Manual

Accessibility - Audacity Manual

Audacity for blind users - Audacity Wiki

Audacity for Windows Part 1: Introduction and Interface ...

       ~ Madonna

Hermann-Josef Kurzen

Hi Bernd,

look here:
https://github.com/paulber007/AudacityNVDAAddon/releases#start-of-content

Greetings - Hermann

Verwendetes Mailprogramm: vermutlich online im WEB erstellt

Hi all,

some time ago there were 2 nvda addons for audacity. Does someone know
whether one of them has been updated for NVDA 2019.3 and if not, where
could I find them and if it's possible, what are the differences of them?

Thanks and best regards

Bernd

Bernd Dorer

Hi Brian and Hermann,

thanks for your answers.

Bernd

Am 02.02.2020 um 00:06 schrieb Brian Vogel:

By the way, there are a number of tutorials, including from the Audacity Team itself, on working with Audacity with screen readers.

Accessibility - Audacity Manual

Accessibility - Audacity Manual

Audacity for blind users - Audacity Wiki

Audacity for Windows Part 1: Introduction and Interface ...

       ~ Madonna

Roger Stewart

There was only one very early one. That one is way out of date. The latest add on for SPL is very up to date and will work with the new NDDA coming out soon. It has all the features like the JAWS add on.

Roger

On 2/1/2020 4:35 PM, Bernd Dorer wrote:
Hi all,

some time ago there were 2 nvda addons for audacity. Does someone know whether one of them has been updated for NVDA 2019.3 and if not, where could I find them and if it's possible, what are the differences of them?

Thanks and best regards

Bernd

.

Roger Stewart

Oops! I thought you said SPL Add on! I'm not sure about the Audacity add on. I have one, but haven't head of a newer one for the newest version of NVDA. I hope someone will make it.

Roger

On 2/1/2020 4:35 PM, Bernd Dorer wrote:
Hi all,

some time ago there were 2 nvda addons for audacity. Does someone know whether one of them has been updated for NVDA 2019.3 and if not, where could I find them and if it's possible, what are the differences of them?

Thanks and best regards

Bernd

.

bering.p

Hi,
This is the current version in developpement, compatible with NVDA 2019.3 beta:
https://github.com/paulber007/AllMyNVDAAddons/raw/master/audacityAccessEnhancement/dev/audacityAccessEnhancement-1.3-dev20.nvda-addon

Best regards
Paul.

Le 02/02/2020 00:35, Hermann-Josef Kurzen a écrit :
Hi Bernd,

look here:
https://github.com/paulber007/AudacityNVDAAddon/releases#start-of-content

Greetings - Hermann

Verwendetes Mailprogramm: vermutlich online im WEB erstellt

Hi all,

some time ago there were 2 nvda addons for audacity. Does someone know
whether one of them has been updated for NVDA 2019.3 and if not, where
could I find them and if it's possible, what are the differences of them?

Thanks and best regards

Bernd

Daniel Damacena

Thank you! I didn't even know there was an audacity addon for NVDA.

--
Daniel Damacena

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

please send me the ordassity to NVDA please. ?question? will it work
for the old nvda and the new NVDA? release? answer me

escreveu:

[...]

when will NVDA cannidate will come out?

escreveu:

[...]

Thanks very much for this.

Roger

On 2/2/2020 2:57 AM, bering.p wrote:
[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

What does this have to do with audacity?